• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New York systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

Guest
Someone suggested that there are MPT-1327 systems in use somewhere in New York but declined to offer any details.

Is anyone aware of these? Also, can someone describe what MPT-1327 sounds like? I hear some systems that I've been told by radio techs are ESAS, but that sound has been described as MPT-1327 by other sources? Anybody know for sure?

Thanks.
 

Anonymous

Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
73
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dave, NF2G:
Someone suggested that there are MPT-1327 systems in use somewhere in New York but declined to offer any details.

Is anyone aware of these? Also, can someone describe what MPT-1327 sounds like? I hear some systems that I've been told by radio techs are ESAS, but that sound has been described as MPT-1327 by other sources? Anybody know for sure?

Thanks.
</font>
 

Anonymous

Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
73
Hi Dave
I am an amateur and had 8 years of involvement in the mpt1327 systems hear in Soputh Africa.Well the data on the Control Channel (CC) is continuous 1200 ffsk.Being analog you should hear this quite easy .If you listen off-air you should hear a repetition of the data and every now and then you should hear chirps of different nature.This data on the control channel is 100% duty cycle.On the traffic channels every time a radio user keys and de-keys you should hear a burst of ffsk 1200 data.When a mobile clears a call there is normally a long clear-down data message+- 1.5 seconds.

Feel free to email me if you have any further questions.MPT 1327 is , I think, pretty new to the USA but is really well used in Asia South Africa and many many other leading developing countries.We in South Africa have three public trunking systems: Q-Trunk Fleetcall One2One.
The national coverage is pretty good and we use the 250-270Mhz band.There are a few smaller utility companies that are also using MPT1327 for there needs.Where cost and service demands are in mind there is few open architechtures that offer this trunking requirement.
Regards 73
Bradley Glen ZS5WT
 

Arif Sultan

Member
Joined
May 22, 2001
Messages
12
Hi Bradley,

I am Arif from Pakistan. I want to use MPT1343 terminal equipment on MPT1327 TSC what should i do??
Thanks for any help.

Arif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bradley ZS5WT:
Hi Dave
I am an amateur and had 8 years of involvement in the mpt1327 systems hear in Soputh Africa.Well the data on the Control Channel (CC) is continuous 1200 ffsk.Being analog you should hear this quite easy .If you listen off-air you should hear a repetition of the data and every now and then you should hear chirps of different nature.This data on the control channel is 100% duty cycle.On the traffic channels every time a radio user keys and de-keys you should hear a burst of ffsk 1200 data.When a mobile clears a call there is normally a long clear-down data message+- 1.5 seconds.

Feel free to email me if you have any further questions.MPT 1327 is , I think, pretty new to the USA but is really well used in Asia South Africa and many many other leading developing countries.We in South Africa have three public trunking systems: Q-Trunk Fleetcall One2One.
The national coverage is pretty good and we use the 250-270Mhz band.There are a few smaller utility companies that are also using MPT1327 for there needs.Where cost and service demands are in mind there is few open architechtures that offer this trunking requirement.
Regards 73
Bradley Glen ZS5WT
</font>
 

DaveH

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2001
Messages
3,287
Location
Ottawa, Ont.
Anywhere near the NYS/Ontario border, you can pick up a large 450MHz system spread over
the eastern part of the province. The eastern limits would be Cornwall/Massena; west limits
somewhere around Kingston/Watertown.

The control channels are continuous data at 1200 baud. Mobile transmissions have a short data burst after each PTT drop.

Dave

Dave
 

bradlington

Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
58
Location
South Africa
Hi Arif

You should find out from the Network provider if your equipment is compatible.

Every network that I have come accross has slight variations of the many different parameters so as to tweak it for their specific needs.

Regards

Brad
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Location
Virginia
DaveNF2G said:
Also, can someone describe what MPT-1327 sounds like?
It's noisy ... but you hear for yourself. I can send you a WAV file someone sent to me for software decode testing.

-rick
 

bradlington

Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
58
Location
South Africa
Sure send me what you have and I will in turn record the control channel and give you the channel and frequency so as to test your software.

I will , if I remember , to record direct pressel on and off messages.

regards

Brad
 

bradlington

Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
58
Location
South Africa
Yes thats mpt1327 at 1200.

I used vbtrunk and this is it.


=== Tronkito - MPT1327 Trunking-Decoder - DF1VB === Sat Apr 10 12:00:36 2004

*************************** Protocol-Decoder ***************************
SYS 0x0fb9 | Unregistered | CCh-Frequency: 420.0000 MHz
******************************************************************************

- BCAST| Call maintenance | SYS: 0x0fb9
- BCAST| Call maintenance | SYS: 0x0fb9
- BCAST| Call maintenance | SYS: 0x0fb9
- BCAST| Call maintenance | SYS: 0x0fb9
- BCAST| Call maintenance | SYS: 0x0fb9
- GTC | Go To Channel Voice | ( 0) Org: 13 Tar: 6002
| Ch:797 Freq:429.9625 Mhz | Sat Apr 10 12:00:45 2004

- GTC | Go To Channel Voice | ( 0) Org: 13 Tar: 6002
| Ch:797 Freq:429.9625 Mhz | Sat Apr 10 12:00:45 2004

- GTC | Go To Channel Voice | ( 0) Org: 13 Tar: 6002
| Ch:797 Freq:429.9625 Mhz | Sat Apr 10 12:00:45 2004

- BCAST| Call maintenance | SYS: 0x0fb9
- BCAST| Call maintenance | SYS: 0x0fb9
- BCAST| Call maintenance | SYS: 0x0fb9
- BCAST| Call maintenance | SYS: 0x0fb9



The frequency allocation base is dependant so dont go on the actual frequency as the messages passed are Hex channel numbers and not decimal frequencies.

Brad
 

morfis

Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
1,275
The channel numbers shown appear decimal (as are the radio IDs in tronkito/vbtrunk). The SysID is hex
 

bradlington

Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
58
Location
South Africa
Correct- Most systems work around a start frequency known as the base.

Working at the given channel spacing of the system one will get the frequency given to you by the program.

If the start (base) is 420,0000 Mhz and the channel spacing is 12,5 khz then if the syatem says GTC (Go To Channel ) decimal ch 2 then it would be two times the channel spacing up from the base.

Eg:420,0000 =ch 1
420,0125 =ch2
420,0125 = ch3

and so on .

It is the decoding program that is converting the given hex to a decimal value for you to read.

Some very old programs I used years ago gave me the raw hex values and we had to work it out from there-very time consuming.

Regards

Brad
 

morfis

Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
1,275
bradlington said:
Some very old programs I used years ago gave me the raw hex values and we had to work it out from there-very time consuming.

Regards

Brad
Like trunker - lol

I never thought it was too hard converting hex to decimal to get the real freqs.

I wonder who "4025" is...not a sysid that I've logged from this part of the UK
 

jsharp2316

Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
15
Location
North Freedom, WI
DaveNF2G said:
Someone suggested that there are MPT-1327 systems in use somewhere in New York but declined to offer any details.

Is anyone aware of these? Also, can someone describe what MPT-1327 sounds like? I hear some systems that I've been told by radio techs are ESAS, but that sound has been described as MPT-1327 by other sources? Anybody know for sure?

That sounds just like Bell 212 modem standard----that sounds like a diesel truck idling. I've built a dozen systems.
 
D

DaveNF2G

Guest
Since posting that question, I've learned that JPJ Electronics in the Utica/Rome area operates an MPT-1327 system on UHF.
 

DaveH

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2001
Messages
3,287
Location
Ottawa, Ont.
Dave,

I realize what you asked about is NYS systems but just thought to mention a Quinte Communications system around Belleville Ontario that you might hear during enhanced propogation. I believe you are roughly the same distance from it as me as well as "inland". Control channels have been heard on 422.2625 and 422.4625, and previously on 422.6500 (another system). The System ID is 0x3c11.

Dave
 
D

DaveNF2G

Guest
DaveH said:
Dave,

I realize what you asked about is NYS systems but just thought to mention a Quinte Communications system around Belleville Ontario that you might hear during enhanced propogation. I believe you are roughly the same distance from it as me as well as "inland". Control channels have been heard on 422.2625 and 422.4625, and previously on 422.6500 (another system). The System ID is 0x3c11.

Dave
Thanks for the tip. I'll be alert to that one if it pops up.

73 de Dave, NF2G
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top