New Yuma County federal systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Took a trip to San Diego through Yuma and found some unlisted control channels:

409.1125 cc System BC10h NFM Yuma Proving Ground?
(AZ 95 @ Cibola area)

410.1750 cc System BC11h NFM Yuma Proving Ground?
(AZ 95 @ 2 Guns area on 7/11)

409.7125 cc System BC11h NFM Yuma Proving Ground?
(AZ 95 @ 2 Guns area on 7/15)

409.7000 cc System B317h NFM Yuma Proving Ground?
(AZ 95 @ Stone Cabin area)

Saw several TGs on the YPG systems, but my 396 wasn’t hearing and audio….

Anybody in Yuma have any more info?

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Excellent find!

As more information is found, i.e. additional TRS frequencies and TG's, or if the system(s) can be positively ID'd, please submit this to the AZ database.

Thanks,

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm assuming that these were digital systems?? I am creating a generic ID for now, until we get more information on these.

Thanks for your help.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
I'm assuming that these were digital systems??

I'm not that familiar with digi systems, don't have any in my neck of the woods yet :)

I was searching in the CC mode during the trip over to SD. The 396 display did not indicate if they were digi or not. (I did not see the "data" tag, like Yuma's P25 800 system; but would I see that on a 400 system with the 396?)

I did program a couple of the systems separately as both P25 and UHF Type 2 for the return trip. The P25's did not stop on the control channel, but the T2's did. However, the T2's did not show the CC I programmed in, it displayed another freq and showed one TG after another. Never heard any audio. Not sure if I did something wrong or not....I did use the same base/offset for the T2 as MCAS-Yuma.

Searching in the open mode I heard some analog voice on the UHF freqs, but that may have been MCAS-Yuma.

Anyway, I'm going back through is a couple of weeks, so I'll set up each CC as seperate P25 and T2 systems again and see what happens.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
John,

Ok, it's probably digital nowadays.

As far as the CC search, the results that you received on different frequencies, is exactly what it's supposed to do. Did you write any of them down? When using the CC search method, it means you don't have to program in all of the voice channel frequencies. The radio will automatically go to it based upon the information found in the control channel. This is an excellent way to find all of the associated voice frequencies to each system. The best way that I have found is to use the software Unitrunker. It not only ID's all of the associated frequencies, but keeps track of all of the active Talk Groups.

Since it is a 400mhz system, the assumption is it will be federal, at least for us in AZ, and the location that you found them. Also, with each 400mhz system, they use different base frequency and spacing to differentiate themselves and provided limited voice privacy. This will be the tougher part to figure out what the correct information goes in that table in your radio. Without it, you'll see the TG activity show up on your radio, but you won't hear it, ... that is until you find the right table. Take a look at Luke AFB, DMAFB, Tucson Federal Prison TRS's for the table information that I'm talking about. This will require experimentation on your part, at least initially.

Does the CC sound like a normal Motorola control channel or does it sound the control channel like used by the PRWIN system? If it is the normal Motorola control channel, definitely don't use the P25 setting as that won't work.

That's a couple of things to get you started. I'll revisit this later when I have more time...

Thanks,

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
BTW, I'm heading up to Flagstaff this weekend. I'm hoping to bring my toys with me. I'll be vending at the Highland Games in Foxglenn Park.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Any more information on these? I have them staged ready to go. Would like to be able to ID a little more before I push them out there ....

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
New Yuma County Fed Systems PART 2

Well, took another trip thru Yuma this weekend. Here's a summary of both trips:

System BC10h -
409.1125 cc
409.6875 cc
Based on signal strength may be at HQ on Proving Grounds Rd.

System BC11H -
410.1750 cc
409.7125 cc
Based on signal strength may be Cibola site (East of Hwy95, North of HQ)

System B317h -
409.700 cc
This system is heard strongest north of Stone Cabin to Quartzite .

My 396 will lock onto the cc, but only alternates between several TGs on the system, always indicating the CC freq., and never hearing any audio.

I have no idea of the additional freqs associated with each site, nor can I calculate the base step and offset. I did monitor the following analog NFM repeater freqs in use in and around HQ: 408.9625; 410.5500; 410.0700; 409.1625; 408.1000; 409.7125; 409.3125; 409.1125; 410.6125; 418.1625; 419.7000

Of note is that the traffic 409.1625 and 418.1625 was the same conversation between the same voices. A fter I got home and analysed my notes, I believe they are trunked freqs associated with system BC10.

I don't have plans to drive thru Yuma till late fall, if even then, so I'll have to leave it to the local boys to figure it out.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I've pushed the sites out. They are available for public viewing. Anyone having additional information on these sites, please submit updates on them.

Thanks,

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
ron_cathers@hotmail.com

i'm coming into phoenix on aug 8th
is yuma county monitorable from sky harbour area<thats where i'm stayin>

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
John (RadioPrescott),

If you happen to be heading down to Yuma area again, try preloading the radio(s) with the following Custom Frequency Tables. One of these is bound to work, with any luck, and should allow you to follow the TG activity, and help to determine what's digital and not :)

I did a quick look throught the western US Federal & Military systems and a majority of them, whether Analog or Digital follow the scheme below. Here is some helpful advice in determining which works. Type in one custom frequency per bank. Type in the frequencies that you've found so far in the 400mhz range and lock them out. Then as you approach the area of the control channel in question, unlock the frequency in each bank to see which one works, hopefully one of these, then let us know:

Base Spacing Offset
406.0 12.5 380
406.0 25.0 380
406.1 12.5 380
406.1 25.0 380

There are some other base frequencies that are not traditionally used, just in case these don't work above.
406.15 12.5 380
406.2 12.5 380
406.3 12.5 380
406.5 12.5 380

If none of those work, then you'll have to play with the base frequency and the spacing to figure it out....

Have fun,

p.s. You turned off your incoming PM, so I can't PM you ...

Status
Not open for further replies.