New ZMA Miami Center Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

captkel

Wow! A new frequency has been added 126.975 according to the FAA NFDC Daily. I don't know if any one out there has heard any activity on this one. Me, I'm out of business on the VHF monitoring at the moment but when I'm back up i'll give you the scoop if there's any to give. The coordinates are for the Miami RCAG which is located about 3 miles west of the Miami airport right next to the Dolphin (DHP) VORTAC
NOTE: ALL of the frequencies in the WIKI are correct for Miami RCAG, the others should be too. I can now monitor UHF too and they are all alive at the Miami RCAG. I can hear the controllers on all! 124.7 / 323.0 are busy with some military traffic.

KEL :)

FLORIDA NFDD 049 -1 03/14/2011
MIAMI
MIAMI ARTCC
IDENT ZMA
RCAG
SITE MIAMI, FL
LATITUDE - 25-48-06.35 N LONGITUDE - 080-20-58.18 W
FREQUENCY 126.975 ADDED
ALTITUDE LOW ADDED

captkel

Still No Joy on my end with that new frequency. 133.85 was once again being utilized with 135.6 yesterday in and out of MIA/FLL .

That's cool. It was a busy day yesterday. The main antennas for both are on Bimini, the backup is at Miami. A little while ago they where having trouble at Bimini and had to broadcast from Miami; that was good for me. I finally got my mast repaired...(better then new), I re-engineered the winch system, it now pulls the mast up like it was butter and I reinforced things to avoid future problems. The feeds except for WPB are back up and running. I just finished making and testing a new antenna for that feed and will get it up during the week or next weekend. I haven't heard anything either on 126.975 I'm curious what there going to do with it. Here's a guess...alright a wish, maybe they will replace 135.6 with it; once again good for me. Also it's not listed in the latest NFDC AFF file but that means nothing since ALOT of it is wrong and hasn't been updated in years. Anyways, i'll keep my ears on.

KEL:)

cipher66

ARTCC DB Manager
Database Admin
Today's NFDD shows that 126.975 is removed... replaced by 128.175 which we already have in the DB. Must have been an error???

captkel

Today's NFDD shows that 126.975 is removed... replaced by 128.175 which we already have in the DB. Must have been an error???

That would explain why 126.975 is dead as a door nail here.
Well they had some of us all excited. 128.175 has been around for many years...that's funny
I see that they added a ZJX frequency 256.9, that's already in the database too!
Maybe we should send the FAA NFDD a copy of the RR data base...:)

P.S. update to ZMA----Fort Meyers, FL - RCAG should read:----Fort Myers, Fl - RCAG
Thank You for the excellent work
KEL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.