Newark and Hudson County FCC applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
I had training earlier in the week with the Newark PD Traffic Section, noticed they had APX series radios, couldn't tell the model because of the holder it was in but could that have to do with this new application? I know APX radios can work on multiple bands and with NPD still on 460 for now is the fact that they are using these radios indicating a quicker switch? I notice the parol PO's still carry Vertex radios.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
All of this discussion about Newark is extremely premature, and nothing but pure speculation at this point. The system is a good 3-4 years or more from being built out, much less being on the air. Quite a lot can happen between now and then. Everyone take a deep breath, nothing is happening quickly with it. ;)

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
I just want to chime in an let everyone know that University Hospital EMS will be moving over to the 700 system. I don't have a known timeline of their switch but they will supposedly have 3 talkgroups. I did not ask if PD will be making a switch but if Fire and EMS are going to be on the NJICS 700 system...it would only make sense for them to move there as well. If I find out more I'll chime back in.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Really ? Says who ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's been multiple off-handed comments over the years from officials regarding their desire to secure NPD comms. Additionally, there has been a statistically disproportionate number of pursuits and crimes where scanners or live scanner feeds have to into play in Newark since 2015.

Where there's smoke, there's fire...

All of this discussion about Newark is extremely premature, and nothing but pure speculation at this point. The system is a good 3-4 years or more from being built out, much less being on the air. Quite a lot can happen between now and then. Everyone take a deep breath, nothing is happening quickly with it. ;)

Probably longer than that once the politicians get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.