Newark ERT

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

This is what the database shows:

0.00000 9 Emergency Response Team (ERT) Tactical

Anyone know the actual frequency so we can fix this? Thanks.

npd155

They use citywide for routine operations. The portable radios they carry are xts2500 and they are on a digital frequency for critical incidents / on-scene operations. Its encripted.

xpawel15x

npd155 said:
They use citywide for routine operations. The portable radios they carry are xts2500 and they are on a digital frequency for critical incidents / on-scene operations. Its encripted.

I've heard ESU units call in on Newark's precinct freqs, are they the same as ERT ?

npd155

No, ESU = emergency service unit are on duty all the time and drive utility type trucks with all sorts of equipment. they respond to odd calls requiring equipment patrol does not have...i.e. ....dog snares, entry equip, extrication equip and so forth. they are tactical and can hold down a critical scene until ERT = emergency response team arrives. you will always hear ESU and all frequencies. unit #s in the 80's...most of the time "ESU 85". ERT has alot of unmarked trucks but the marked one you will hear and see is "82"...both units are run under the same unbrella so you may hear they say ESU 82 or ERT 82 .... if you would like to see the trucks they drive go to FDNYtrucks.com and find newark police under "other states" then "essex county" also take a look at jersey city police in hudson county...they have alot of the same trucks but the jersey city page has more pictures.

xpawel15x

npd155 said:
No, ESU = emergency service unit are on duty all the time and drive utility type trucks with all sorts of equipment. they respond to odd calls requiring equipment patrol does not have...i.e. ....dog snares, entry equip, extrication equip and so forth. they are tactical and can hold down a critical scene until ERT = emergency response team arrives. you will always hear ESU and all frequencies. unit #s in the 80's...most of the time "ESU 85". ERT has alot of unmarked trucks but the marked one you will hear and see is "82"...both units are run under the same unbrella so you may hear they say ESU 82 or ERT 82 .... if you would like to see the trucks they drive go to FDNYtrucks.com and find newark police under "other states" then "essex county" also take a look at jersey city police in hudson county...they have alot of the same trucks but the jersey city page has more pictures.

Hmm...I only monitor Newark PD and the only unit I heard so far is ESU 84. You seem you know Newark PD well, do you happen to know the 900 codes? Thanks.

npd155

I do, in my head, however there are to many to post. They are just "close out codes"....they identify the officer's disposition on the call they are on. They are really not that interesting. some of the ones you will hear are 907 /908 / 911 are arrests....906 is advised ....916 is checks ok...there are a bunch for reports up in the 950's

npd155

just a side note...the codes in the data base are old and there are alot more now..again they are in my head ..too many to list now ...however remember newark's codes are not really "codes" as to encript the radio traffic ...they are for prioritizing the job. 5's and up should be handled in an expeditous manor, 5's and down usually "sit in the "Q" for a long long time. so by listening to newark often you will be able to figure them out when the cop on the radio reads the call taker's notes.

ICP114

Radios

Are the Newark polce units carrying XTS 2500/

i know the old HT1000's are phased out. are patrol carrying XTS or another type model radio????

npd155

Most officers are still carrying ht1000's however I have seen some xts2500 type II starting to hit the streets. Very few and very slow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.