Newark Fire Department changes to Alameda County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Window_Seat

Premium Subscriber
As does the trunked IDs for that system. It used to be 46928 for the main ID, and now it's something else, Right now I'm going to assume that it's 18480, unless otherwise. The 18480 ID is for "Alameda, Fremont, Union City, Co. Batt. 1" in the Fire category of "Alameda, County of (Public Safety)". The City of Fremont, Union City and Alameda (as I am aware) are also contracting with the ALCO Fire. I have sent a message to ALCO Fire asking if there is a new trunked ID, but not sure. Maybe the database folks can find out more.

This is a result of a transition from the Newark Fire Department, which the Newark City Council made changes, and the city is now contracting with the ALCO Fire.

Sadly, after over 100 years, the Newark Fire Department is no more.

Erik.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Newark FD is being dispatched on Control 1. They are now "County District ? , engine 29 ?". You'll know when they are dispatched as they are the only county engine on Control 1. They are under county battalion 2. Hope this helps.

dave
Fremont

Ben96cal

re: Newark fire

Newark is now county stations 27,28,29. Alameda City is NOT with county however they are dispatched by Alco dispatch. Union city comes in July 1.

I would expect in the next year more consolidation to happen with county with Alameda city and fremont to be absorbed.

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Anyone have list of Engines/Trucks?

I'm trying to compile list of Radio IDs for each.

It was much easier to ID agencies in the "Engine 3442" days :)

notsoscansavy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info everybody. I have a question regarding Fremont. There are tgid's for Fremont, listed seperatley from Alco. Do I need to enter these into the scanner? Or is control one sufficient to hear everything? Also, does anyone know which tac channels go to which city? Thanks!

Window_Seat

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info everybody. I have a question regarding Fremont. There are tgid's for Fremont, listed seperatley from Alco. Do I need to enter these into the scanner? Or is control one sufficient to hear everything? Also, does anyone know which tac channels go to which city? Thanks!

Not sure, but I think it depends on the scanner. With my BCT8, I have to list each freq, and then the TGIDs I want to specifically listen to, unless I choose to listen to them all. It would be nice to just be able to list a TGID, and have the freqs in automatically, but it don't work that way...

The best thing to do is google the user manual of your scanner (I have to do that even after having this thing for 4 years).

Erik.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Fremont Tags

Those tags were used years ago when Fremont Fire had their own dispatch center. They do test on the old FFD channel 4 on Wednesday mornings, but I haven't heard any other activity on that or the other older tags. Look for FFD on ALCO control 1 and ALCO tacs 5, 7,9 & 11. Apparently departments on Control 1 use "odd numbered" tacs, and those on Control 2 use "even numbered" tacs.

Dave
Fremont CA

Status
Not open for further replies.