Newark, NJ feed not making it to archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

I've messaged the feed provider a couple
of time over the last 2 weeks. There has been
nothing on the archives playback.

Moose

It's now two weeks after my first message. Newark, NJ archive records are either incomplete or non existent.
Big fire in that city last night between 2030 and 2130 and I hear nothing on the archives. Just to make sure
everyone understands the situation, the feed is active, so you'll hear them at the time of the incidents. The
transmissions just don't show up in the archives.

Reconrider

It's now two weeks after my first message. Newark, NJ archive records are either incomplete or non existent.
Big fire in that city last night between 2030 and 2130 and I hear nothing on the archives. Just to make sure
everyone understands the situation, the feed is active, so you'll hear them at the time of the incidents. The
I’ll take a look see. Maybe it’s just your account that has the issue

Reconrider

I was able to find it.

9 minutes 10 seconds from the start and I start hearing about a fire call. If that's not that you mean, then explain more so we can help.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There is audio in the archives, just not a whole lot of it. Not sure if that's the norm while listening to the feed live.

In any event, the feed provider has absolutely no control over the archives, so messaging him is barking up the wrong tree, there's nothing he can do about it. If you hear audio when listening to the feed live, then that same audio should be making it to the archives. If not, then something is wrong that Lindsay would need to look into.

PS - The Newark Fire talkgroups are available on the new Calls platform, so perhaps you should listen to that instead of the traditional feed.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Just in case you're not aware, as an RR premium member you can log into Broadcastify Calls and create a custom playlist, adding any available talkgroup from any trunked system (up to 20 per playlist), and even conventional channels that are fed to Calls. You can very easily create a Newark Fire playlist with their four talkgroups so you won't miss anything, which is not the case with a traditional feed that is scanning multiple talkgroups and is first come, first serve. 30 days worth of archives are available for each talkgroup as well.

Moose

Thanks for all the input but it happened again yesterday. Fire in Newark about 1550. Transmissions ran regularly for the entire incident which lasted well over a half an hour. Go to Newark archives for the same period and there is nothing. Regardless of the Broadcastify Calls, (this is the first I've heard of it), going to the Newark fire archives for that time period should yield some talking. I hear nothing

Moose

Thanks for all the input but it happened again yesterday. Fire in Newark about 1550. Transmissions ran regularly for the entire incident which lasted well over a half an hour. Go to Newark archives for the same period and there is nothing. Regardless of the Broadcastify Calls, (this is the first I've heard of it), going to the Newark fire archives for that time period should yield some talking. I hear nothing

I found the Broadcastify Calls and it did have the aforementioned transmissions. It still doesn't make sense to me why the traditional Newark archives has nothing and the Broadcastify Calls has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.