Newark Oh PD on MARCS IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8crz

Premium Subscriber
I cant seem to get newark pd on marcs ip. I did the custom table but not recieving any traffic. Im using a PRO96 and using Win96 software.
Thanks ahead guys!
Rob

ctpd845

Feed Provider
You will not be able to use the pro96 to monitor MARCS-IP. The pro96 does not cover the 700MHZ band that MARCS-IP is currently using in trunking mode..

i sold my Pro-96 years ago when i got news Ohio MARCS was going to be 700MHZ still for good money on Ebay i got the GRE-800 New for $412 its my base scanner.

Last edited by a moderator:

phask

Premium Subscriber
Yes - HP1 all the newer Uniden's, some GRE's.

I have NOT heard any Nerk PD yet (Hey - I'm in Zanesville), but I usually have Licking county locked out.

Do you kknow when / if they will start using Marcs-ip?

Using a couple HP1' and a 996.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Im looking at a GRE-500

I'm using the PSR-500 right now to monitor this system. There is something to keep in mind though. The PSR-500 is only P25 Phase I capable. MARCS-IP is a Phase II *capable* system, but is currently running in Phase I, which is why I can monitor it with the PSR-500. So this means that if they upgrade it to Phase II, the PSR-500 will be unable to monitor it. Just something to keep in mind.

w8crz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the heads up. Yea i dont want to have to upgrade constantly. Ill look for something better

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I'm using the PSR-500 right now to monitor this system. There is something to keep in mind though. The PSR-500 is only P25 Phase I capable. MARCS-IP is a Phase II *capable* system, but is currently running in Phase I, which is why I can monitor it with the PSR-500. So this means that if they upgrade it to Phase II, the PSR-500 will be unable to monitor it. Just something to keep in mind.

This system has the capability for Phase II, as all new systems do, but there are no current plans to upgrade. I was told by a state radio technician that it will not even be considered for 7 to 10 years.

The biggest threat however is the ease of encryption. Fayette County was one of the first counties to come online and they recently began full time encryption of all LE.

To keep on track with this thread, I am receiving Newark PD in Franklin County off the Columbus site, when they happen to affiliate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.