Newark PD Helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.

stangwill182

Premium Subscriber
modaro, sorry, i wasn't speaking about your comment, just about some earlier comments, but anyway they don't bother me anyway and i'll def. ask my father when i see him

mondaro

Feed Provider
I spent an interesting morning listening to the Newark Police, Listening to them is a communications hobby within itself. Anyway the Newark Police Helicopter is based outside the city limits of Newark possibly Morristown Airport.

Anyway the on the air ID of the Newark Police helicopter is ABLE 1. The helicopter appears to have a multi channel UHF Newark Police Radio in scan and they just appear up on a district channel. Like North District, West District etc. I have no idea how they are being dispatch I did not hear Newark 911 communications giving them an assignment they seem to monitor for possible jobs for them. Today they followed a chase and a shooting and some other interesting stuff.

So if you want to hear the Newark Police Helicopter I would monitor all the Newark Police frequencies and listen for ABLE 1 on the Newark Tower side it's 127.850 the Class B and listen for 2 November Pop ( N2NP ) and your all set.

TonyM.

stangwill182

Premium Subscriber
Hey, i confirmed with my father the helicopter is based out of Morristown airport. It also flies around 4 hrs during the day and 4 hours during the night. Hes going to get me some more info on it.

Last edited:

KA2EEV

dconti said:
Oh For Heaven's Sake!

Newark NJ PD has a Helicopter?

If they run that chopper like they run that department, look out!

Listen to Newark PD comms to see what I mean...

Dan

You said it Dan. The communication heard between dispatchers and patrol cars of the Newark PD is often downright embarassing.

Bill

Last edited:

KA2EEV said:
The communication heard between dispatchers and patrol cars... is downright embarassing.
Didn't they use to unplug their SPEN base so they had an outlet to plug the coffee pot into? Or was that East Orange?

"EO to Nerk! EO to Nerk!"

mredding

Premium Subscriber

blinkthing

AC2OY

LOL come on about the Newark Police Deparment...your kidding right?? Their one click above the drug dealers,murders,thugs...ect they police....anybody in a hundred mile radius or who readsthe newspapers knows about they operate...LOL reading that comment I almost dropped my iPad...just listen to the dispatchers they sound like a Saturday knight at the players club....."ok pappi"......almost pissed myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.