Newark PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

robocop80

I have been trying to monitor Newark PD from North Brunswick NJ (Middlesex County) and I can't seem to hear a thing. How strong is the signal and do you think I can pick up the newark pd in North Brunswick? Does anyone in the Middlesex area monitor Newark PD? I am sure you hear a lot of action coming from Newark.

xpawel15x

I monitor Newark PD all the time from mid-Bergen County, NJ. According to google maps, I am 12.5 miles away. I receive channels 1-6 pretty well but not too good. From a scale of 1 to 10. My reception is a 6 and sometimes a 7. North Brunswick is 27.7 miles away. I would think you need a rooftop antenna to hear it.

npd155

before north brunswick went to trunked they operated on newark ch. 2 (different pl tone) but if they turned the pl off they could hear newark perfect. newark is pushing out alot of power

W2SJW

Database Admin
npd155 said:
before north brunswick went to trunked they operated on newark ch. 2 (different pl tone) but if they turned the pl off they could hear newark perfect. newark is pushing out alot of power

North Brunswick isn't trunked - they're digital-conventional... :wink:

ansky

I used to live in Highland Park and was able to get weak reception of Newark PD on my handheld with duck antenna. North Brunswick is another 5 or so miles south of there so I'm not surprised you are having trouble picking up Newark. Not sure if you care about Jersey City but I doubt you'll be able to pick them up at all. I barely got any reception from them when I lived in Highland Park.

ansky

bbott1982 said:
I live in Westfield, NJ and pick up Newark fine. The frequencies in the link above are correct for the police.

Sure, but Westfield is A LOT closer to Newark than North Brunswick where the OP is from.

Status
Not open for further replies.