Newark: Shooting x 4 and Foot Pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Out of the 2nd Precinct, Newark PD has a multiple victim driveby shooting, 4 total so far. 2 critical. Victims attempted to scatter upon PD arrival per units on scene. Several officers on foot pursuing a black male through a apartment complex...just lost sight of him. Suspected vehicle is a black Nissan Maxima. Major Crimes/Gang Unit has been dispatched

Exact location unknown but somewhere near 7th Ave & Summer Ave. Guess not much has changed in Newark.

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
13:13 - Crime scene located in the alley way at 18C Stone Street. Unit on scene reports a quote "large number of shell casings".

13:50 - Count now 6 victims shot. 1 at UMDMJ extremely critical. ESU at the hospital says families are showing up, problems beginning to arise contoling them.

14:12 - Count now 7 victims shot per ESU.

Last edited:

Essexscan

that location should be the Apts at Stone & Crane St. The Alley they mean might be next to the building on the corner . Still a friggin warzone there even with all the new apts-condos built around there

Listening in right now. It's a shame. I'm really starting to lose faith in Newark.

Especially with the police layoffs lately. Just what big cities like this need. Layoffs. :/

Tac-1

It don,t make a difference even before the layoffs people were getting shot left and right the shooter known when the police are not around and some could care less they shoot even with police present. all comes down to how violent the person with the gun is his hand is and full moon just'nt help the out
the only way to stop 80% of shooting is stop the Drugs and Gangs but that wont happen any time soon

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Newark does not have control of their problems. And the way politics are in Newark, I don't think they want to anymore. I know they do, but they're not showing it. Newark is chaos. It has been since the riots, and I doubt it will ever change.

Here in Roselle Park we're in a corner now too. Newark's problems are spilling through Elizabeth to us, and the gang war between Linden and Roselle is creating increasing thefts here in Roselle Park. We've had 11 cars stolen in 15 days, and 1.5x as many broken into.

Newark's problems aren't JUST Newark's anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.