Newb with Pro-652

JD144

Recently acquired a Pro-652 only to find out my local emergency responders use P25 phase II. What I’ve read this scanner doesn’t support phase II. My questions are these, what can I use this scanner for? Also, can I monitor cb or ham bands with it? Thanks in advance for any info, just trying to find out if it’s useful for any listening.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Yes to, Air, HAM, CB, Rail, Maritime, GMRS/FRS, P25 Phase 1 & the older Motorola type trunking, works fine for anything analog, just not the newer digital flavors. (P25 Phase 2, DMR, NXDN, EDACS with Provoice are not compatible)

SA_tx_88116

Rather listen than to stream
Recently acquired a Pro-652 only to find out my local emergency responders use P25 phase II. What I’ve read this scanner doesn’t support phase II. My questions are these, what can I use this scanner for? Also, can I monitor cb or ham bands with it? Thanks in advance for any info, just trying to find out if it’s useful for any listening.
I own a RadioShack pro 197 and there are many things you can listen to besides emergency services, you can monitor Railways, airports, schools, federal agencies, and more. Also check the talkgroups you want to monitor for your emergency services even though radio reference may say it’s p25 phase II that doesn’t always mean the whole system is phase 2 if your talkgroup is marked with a D you can monitor it if it is marked with a T you can’t monitor it. Example: 1685831263623.png1685831183194.png

JD144

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. Will have to do some more digging.