Newbe BCD-396T Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreymcl

OK I have read the manual and I must be blind as I can not find the answer to this question.

How do I manually punch in a feq? I am trying to enter a feq for monitoring air traffic (135.975)

ozztheozz

If you have a system already programmed into the scanner I would set it up as a separate group under the programmed system. Is this the frequency your trying to monitor

Long Range West Side Feeder - Low - Meacham S Aircraft
Approach / Departure

It says it's a conventional system and you would have to add it to a conventional system if you have one already programmed, or you will have to setup a new conventional system and enter it. I'm also new to scanning and if someone else has a better idea hopefully they will chime in. The only other way would be to use the custom search mode and make sure the freq is in the range you need to monitor.

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Just press Hold, enter the frequency, press Hold again. This will also work with talkgroups on the trunked system you hold on.

ozztheozz

DaveIn has the quickest way to store the freq. In the owners manual it's on page 47 quick storing channels and talk group ID's.

duckbird

coreymcl said:
OK I have read the manual and I must be blind as I can not find the answer to this question.

How do I manually punch in a feq? I am trying to enter a feq for monitoring air traffic (135.975)

1. Press the Menu button (bottom side of scanner.)

2. Using the Scroll knob (top of scanner) Select Program System the press E.

3. Using the Scroll knob, select New System then press E.

4. Using the Scroll knob, select System Type (Conventional) then press E.

5. Using the Scroll knob select Edit Name then press E.

6. Tap the decimal button (under the 7 button) until all the letters disappear.

7. You?re now ready to name your system.

8. Using the Scroll knob, turn it until the alphabet you want appears then press then press the Func button (bottom side of scanner) while turning Scroll knob to the right to advance one space. If you make a mistake press the Func button while turning the Scroll knob to the left to make the correction. When you finish naming your system press E.

9. Using the Scroll knob select Edit Group then press E twice.

10. Using the Scroll knob select Edit Name then press E.

11. You?re now ready to name your group (Follow directions from step 8) to name your group.

12. Using the Scroll knob select Edit Channel then press E

13. Input a frequency then press E.

14. Press the Menu button.

15. Using the Scroll knob select New Channel

16. Repeat steps 13 through 15 until all frequencies for that group have been entered.

17. When you finish simply press Scan

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
ozztheozz said:
DaveIn has the quickest way to store the freq. In the owners manual it's on page 47 quick storing channels and talk group ID's.

Quickest way to store the frequency? Press "E" to enter it into a Quick Save Group, then move it, or relabel the Quick Save Group later. If you have the CTCSS/DCS search on it will also save the detected code found when you quick store your frequency.

I was at a Target store last evening and was using the Special, Service Search. The 396 locked on the frequency displayed the DCS, I pressed "E" to quick save, then alpha-taged it when I got back to the car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.