newbe with a couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

john-everett

Premium Subscriber
Hi , my name is John , I am 54 and I live in St. Louis county , Missouri. I'am thinking about getting a Uniden Home Patrol scanner to listen to Police and Fire. I would like to listen to both St Louis County and St Louis City. I haven't had a scanner in over 30 + years so its like learning all over again. Would like to know what others think of this radio and if its what I need to hear the most from the area. Thanks , John Everett.

captclint

Mentor
Welcome to RR. That is an excellent choice. It is almost plug and play. However, what you can receive will depend more on the antenna and/or location. An external antenna MAY be needed, but the scanner should get everything it can hear. If you get it, and you find you are missing things, it may indicated the need to get it up to the 2nd floor near a window, or if that fails, and external antenna. Go ahead and get the radio, and people on here can advise. Also go to Missouri forum and see what people think of your location vs what you want to hear.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I have the HP1 and it is an amazing radio. I don't travel and i don't use the built in database (zip code feature) sentinel and arc patrol is what i use to edit my favorite list. The stock antenna is well a stock antenna. If you can get an antenna outside it will make a world of difference. If you do get the home patrol and need help let me know and i will see what i can do to help you out.

Also check out the active home patrol forum here
Forum List - HomePatrol Discussion Forums

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.