newbee

Status
Not open for further replies.

bezking

Database Admin
Hi and Welcome to RR.

I have moved your post to the Scanner Software forum. Please take some time to check out all of our forums to ensure you are posting in the right place.

What scanner software and OS are you using?

Thanks!

Rif_Raf

Os?

software is Butel, program is ARC95 and I don't know what the term 'OS' means. Also, I did noy purchase this software. My understanding was that as a premium subscriber, to radioreference, I would be able to download this free

sjlamb

software is Butel, program is ARC95 and I don't know what the term 'OS' means. Also, I did noy purchase this software. My understanding was that as a premium subscriber, to radioreference, I would be able to download this free
"OS" stands for "Operating System" as in what type of computer and version of Windows are you using (assuming you're using windows)?

SCPD

QRT
YOU need to install the latest drivers for the programming BEFORE you plug in the cable then mske sure comport shown IN windows Is THE Same 1 Selected in the Software. hers is a link to the latest driver for the UNIDEN & RS FTDI drivers Virtual COM Port Drivers

rvictor

I believe that your scanner came with a serial cable. If your computer has a serial port, you're set as far as the cable is concerned. If not, then you need to have either a serial to USB adapter or to buy the Uniden USB-1 cable which has an adapter built-in. In the case of the adapter or the USB-1 you have to install driver software prior to attempting to use the cable.

As far as the software, my understanding is that Butel provides a trial version of the ARC95 software and that you have to purchase the actual version. It's possible that there's some deal with RadioReference that includes the software, but I've not heard of it. What you do get for your premium subscription is the ability to use software such as ARC95 to connect directly to the RR database to download frequency data. Without the premium subscription, the same data is available, but you'd have to enter it manually or cut and paste it rather than having the convenience of downloading it.

You've got the software apparently. You should unzip and install it. Then you should install the drivers for the serial to USB adapter or the USB-1. You can then connect the scanner to the computer, run the software, and attempt to establish a connection. If that works okay, let us know and we can take you through the next steps of downloading data and transferring it to the scanner if you need help with that.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.