Newberg 800 rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORE007

Feed Provider
Rebanding for Newberg 800 system was completed today. I assume I would need to add the bandplan to this system now? Also, I believe the control channel is no longer there. Any one know if frequencies changed also?

OK, found it where it was with new frequencies. They dropped 15Mhz. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=113

Last edited:

Baker845

Newberg system i was told will be come part of WCCCA/C800 some time in next month or 2. Was Ops 39 coming over Newberg system or WCCCA/C800 system?

Baker845

there any other New TGS showing up? NB Fire should show up on WCCCA soon.

Last edited:

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
there any other New TGS showing up?
Actually, yeah...unrelated to Newberg, I've heard Sherwood PD 79xx units using 55280 for miscellaneous things, such as taking note of a down Speed sign in front of one of our local schools.

I also need to confirm if the radio techs have either TWO or THREE TGIDs dedicated for tech work. I know 65488 is solid, but I have down in my personal notes that 65296 as RADIO ENG 2, and just today, I heard them on 65328 (one was calling the other, but he wasn't responding).

And what's this all about on Ops39? Wasn't that supposed to be some sort of M/A channel? Are they going to not use it period? I'm confused...

Baker845

Thats what i thinking Ops 39 was patch to Marion County North 1 for M/A? Is the Patch going to Move to One of Newbergs Tgs?

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Thats what i thinking Ops 39 was patch to Marion County North 1 for M/A? Is the Patch going to Move to One of Newbergs Tgs?
Actually, Ops38 is for NORCOM (Marion County). I never did hear traffic on Ops39, and if it was for Newberg, they never used it because TVF&R has Newberg's system programmed in (i.e. on mutual aid calls, they just switch over).

mjohnston4

Newberg is on all WCCCA fire radios as far as I know. I have actually never been told what Ops 39's actual intended use is, I will make an email to find out tomorrow. But prior to rebanding, Newberg got bad reception on the hill between Wash. and Yamhill county. So when they were in certain spots, they used to use Tac 6 to land LifeFlight. But again, haven't heard them on there in awhile.

ORE007

Feed Provider
Here is how it works. newberg will join the Washington County towersmaybe by July. They will not become part of the current washington County system. Ops 39 is used as a backup in case the Newberg system goes down, like today for rebanding. Ops 39 is on the Wash Co. system. The Newberg system only has one tower just South of town between Dundee and Newberg and has bad spots towards the edge of the districts. They only had a few calls today, so it was not that busy. If there would be a bunch of calls, the next backup channel is Ops 37, then Wash D if needed. Ops 38 is for NorCom patch and Newberg uses it if they move to marion County on mutual aid with them.

ORE007

Feed Provider
For PD, they have a different backup channel lineup. There is a Newberg PD channel on the Wacca system. If needed, they can use SWPD Tac 2 and then also Wash D if needed. All these are for backup only.

Status
Not open for further replies.