Newberg PD/ Fire Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbergres

I had a Radio Shack pro-2022 scanner given to me. Can I listen to Newberg Pd with it? there is no book and I am new to this. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Baker845

looking at scanner from some pic, its not trunking scanner and thats what you need to hear Newburg PD and fire. You should be able to listen to Yamhill county new uhf radio system.

newbergres

actually after looking at it is a pro-2032. does that make a difference? is itpossible to pick up newberg pd/fire on the pro-2032? I was able to pick up washington county tonight.

Are Washington county on a trunked system like Newberg?

Thanks!

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
You can plug the frequencies in, but as for following conversations logically and coherently, it won't work.

I don't think Newberg has a lot of traffic, though, so it shouldn't be too hard to keep up.

And yes, Washington County / Clackamas County is a trunked system. Newberg is not a part of that group, but is on their own trunked system. Both I beleve are Motorola Type II systems.

See here for more information.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=113

Last edited:

Baker845

The scanner can hear 800 mhz freqs but wont do trunking radio systems. Both Newburg PD and FD use Motorola 800 mhz type 2 system. To hear system you need trunking scanner such and BC246T, Pro-96,97, or PSR-500 or BCD-396T.

Status
Not open for further replies.