Newberg / Wacca Freq. question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docrec97132

Premium Subscriber
I have a PSR 800 GRE scanner

I have tried for a year and a half to get the truck to truck communication for the Newberg,Oregon TVFR system. I have all the 5 freq. -2 from RR and 3 more needed to get PD. I have tagged all freq. used for Ops 34 that is called for in the 50000 catagories as well. I get the dispatch under the general Wash. County dispatch okay. I do hear some of the other counties truck to truck, but never Newberg ( 97132 ) in Yamhill County which is dispatched by Washington County WACCA. Any ideas out there for my PSR -800???
I must be missing one somewhere? Just can not find it.

I know that they use MDT's but not for all conversation back and forth. I can not even get the tap outs clearly. They are just bunched up in a Washington County Dispatch group. and if i did not recognize a street address i would miss that. I even tried the old Newberg pagers ch.1623.250-but just receive Yamhill County on that.

I have 6 major freq. for the main trunked system. and have even all of the Washington County and Western Wash. County tagged as well with no luck.I finally got most of Newberg PD working?

nightfoam

Premium Subscriber
They should be on Ops 34 primarily, unless it's a fire or something then they'll use 35, 36 etc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Docrec97132

Premium Subscriber
Wacca / Newberg

Nightfoam,Thanks for the reply and yes I have tried that one and all the others as well. Running that setup for a couple days with LEDs so I know when they talk. Only the Medical units going out and going to the hospital. But no Fire chatter at all! Not even a responder call when they tap out.
I am sure that it is a hidden freq. somewhere in the consolidation that took place. Because I should be able to hear the tap out call for what City other than the common dispatch that only gives a street address and not a City.
Wacca does so many different Cities and even another County so it does get complicated, I have almost all of the surrounding ones all in separate scan lists so I can check all my setups each time.But this one has been a puzzle since TVFR took over. I have all of their freqs. in as well and all tied into different some duo lists since they do move trucks around. I have at least 50-60 sub freqs, under the 6 mains all loaded. I even have the new PS-25 network working for the Yamhill, McMinville areas as well as the State Police. I thoought maybe they had switched over like the others that are using the new digital for testing and transmissions?
BTW the PS- 25 is very load compared to the analog!

Docrec97132

Premium Subscriber
Wacca / Newberg

I meant to say PS-25 is very loud compared to analog.
The other thought that confuses me is; that anyone with a SMART PHONE can use the radio ref. app. and get the entire dispatch, chatter, and responses via phone. So some how it is not showing up for the list?
The other confusing thing is that when you run an update from RR library I lose ll but 2 main trunking freqs.
It takes them all out and leaves only two! And if i do not put the other 4 back I lose NPD!
It will retain 853.9250 ( 1) and 852.9375 ( A)
I manually add back 852.41250---852.70000----853.21250----852.88750
The list for Wash. County and Western Wash. County is much longer

radiotweester

I'm a bit confused, but if you're monitoring one of the fill sites (Newberg, W WC) and not the main, you're not going to hear everything unless a radio is affiliating with that site.
As said before Dispatch, Ops 34, Ops 35 are regular response channels, but add 52944 "Dundee Fire Chat " as it's still used quite a bit by Newberg/Dundee unit to unit.

ORE007

Feed Provider
There are no "hidden" talk groups for Newberg. They use the same ones as the rest of TVF&R. If you hear the medic units, you should hear the other units too. Newberg is being dispatched on the same dispatch channel as all others. Listen for either "downtown" or "Springbrook" first due or units with 20 or 21. The PD is still using their own Newberg dispatch but on the Washington County system. Maybe you have to check you scanner to see if it is (or can be set to) control channel mode.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
The system that Newberg-Dundee Police and TVF&R use is a trunking system. The frequencies are one control channel per site and multiple voice frequencies per site. Radio channels on the system are called talkgroups. Talkgroups can only be heard on the sites where an actual user radio has affiliated to, thus causing that talkgroup channel to be carried on that site.

For Newberg, do not scan the Newberg site. You need to scan the "Washington County Simulcast" site that is listed in the database. The Newberg site is a fill-in site only and radios will only switch over to the Newberg site if for some reason they can't get out on the Washington County Simulcast which means unless a radio affiliates to the Newberg site their talkgroups won't be heard on this site. This is why you probably aren't hearing stuff. The Washington County Simulcast covers Newberg very well. This is due to multiple transmitter sites along the Washington County / Yamhill County line. I work in Newberg and I always get TVFR and NDPD traffic on the WC simulcast.

As for it only importing certain frequencies, that is because those are listed in the database as control channels and you might have control-channel only import selected. For the Washington County Simulcast you only need the one red frequency and the three blue ones so control channel only import should work fine.

TVF&R's stations in Newberg are Station 20 and Station 21. Most of the time, TVF&R units in Newberg will have "20" or "21" in their callsign.

Examples:
Engine 20
Truck 20
Medic 20
Engine 21
Medic 21
Another medic in Newberg is Medic 35.

TVF&R participates in a program called PulsePoint:

PulsePoint WebApp

It has TVF&R's calls and locations and units assigned. Just select Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue from the menu at the top of the screen. They also have smartphone versions. Click on the call and it will open it up in Google Maps. Click on the Map tab and it will show all of TVF&R's calls for a certain period in Google Maps.

Docrec97132

Premium Subscriber
Newberg / Wacca

Thanks for all the help everyone!
I am going to take out the extra main freq. and just put in the RED /BLUE Ones from Newberg and Washington C. under the Newberg list.
And yes I did have the 52944 Dundee /Newberg Chat there-but nothing out of it!
Also 53136 Dundee EOC--And for Newberg FD 53200 disp.-53232 Ops 46--53264 Ops 45--53296 Ops 44
53328 Ops 43---53360 Ops 42--53392 Ops 47
Even the 60400West Tac--60700South Tac--62864 TV ID2--62896 TVID 1

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
I am going to take out the extra main freq. and just put in the RED /BLUE Ones from Newberg and Washington C. under the Newberg list.

As has been mentioned, you don't really need the frequencies for the Newberg site. Very little Newberg traffic ever shows up on it. All you need are the control, and alternate controls entered for the Wash County Simulcast site:

859.2375, 859.7375, 860.2375, and 860.7375

Be sure it is set up as its own site, separate from the Newberg site.

There isn't really any harm in including the Newberg site for this system, but since it's rarely used your scanner will constantly be checking it when that time is better spent checking the Wash Co Simulcast site.

Docrec97132

Premium Subscriber
Wacca /Newberg

Again--THANKS ALL
I will attempt to establish another list with only the freq. and ideas everyone has shared.
Because right now it may work but the only problem is that under a wildcard listing 60531---60611
I now get some Wash. C. PD traffic on these 2. Neither one show up any lists I have -just as a wildcard programed item.

60531 is the crosspatched Hillsboro PD talkgroup of 60528. Judging from when you posted this, it's still early enough in the morning that WCCCA has HPD and South Cities combined in a crosspatch.

Talkgroup values should be divisible by 16. If a talkgroup is crosspatched, your scanner will likely display a talkgroup value that is +3 higher than the "actual" talkgroup number.

Docrec97132

Premium Subscriber
Wacca / Newberg

It seems like there are a lot of you out there 24 -7 helping people like me that thought we knew stuff?
I really thought with the GRE PSR -800 i would be in the best of care for the future digital?
As most of you probaly know GRE sold out to Wistler and they produced a copy of mine EXCEPT for software. It is already out of production and I am stuck now. Not that it is not a good scanner, it is and pretty easy to program for us older people? But it was a major disappointment to lose upgades and repairs. Whistler says no to anything to do with mine if I needed it.
Anyway I am making a new list to move all over to it as everyone has suggested and try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.