newberry county sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

shajoe44

According to the database the Sheriff's Dept and Highway Patrol are on the Palmetto 800 system. That's the only agencies listed at this time.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I don't get through Newberry very often, but I think the have a variety of radio systems in use right now.

I believe the Newberry County fire department is still on VHF analog as listed in the database.

The Sheriff's office is still using UHF to some degree, but is also using their talkgroup on Palmetto 800 to some degree.

I believe Newberry County EMS is using a VHF NXDN system, but I need to look back at my notes about that.

Newberry City PD had been using a 800MHz conventional repeater in P25 mode, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Neweberry licensed quite a few new VHF frequencies a couple of years ago, but I'm not sure how many of those are active and what mode they are using.

mlindler

Premium Subscriber
@scannernut63 My dad (W/Laurens FD) said Newberry Public Safety has made the switch to Pal 800. This includes Fire, Rescue, EMS, and SO. Much like the operations of Lexington FD, they simulcast on VHF. If anyone is close enough to monitor the Newberry or Prosperity site and decode all the new OP channels we'd all appreciate it. I fringe on picking up Joanna, so I'll see what I can do. @brian have you heard anything?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Conveniently, I made a trip to Woodruff, SC this past weekend and had an hour or so of monitoring time. Woodruff is in the Southern tip of Spartanburg County, and it is close to Laurens Co. I was close enough to pick up the Joanna site, and indeed picked up a fire department call for Newberry County on Palmetto 800 while I was listening. Also heard Newberry Co Sheriff on their listed talkgroup. I need to pull the data from my vehicle radio to verify which talkgroups were active, I think I only saw one or two other than the Sheriff group. I'll post them in the next day or two.

mlindler

Premium Subscriber
@brian Thank you. My dad said you can hear them going to OPS channels 1-4 and possibly more as you listen to VHF. My G5 is hungry for talkgroup info, so please share when you can! Thank you!!! :)

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
This info is very tentative, but the talkgroups I heard active for Newberry Co on the Joanna Site were
46501 - Sheriff Dispatch
46541 - Fire Dispatch
46555 - Fire Ops ?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I wasn't paying close attention, and they way I have my scanner programmed, Laurens and Joanna share a trunked radio system object. But I was surprised to see those talkgroups show up on the Laurens site, and when I did pay attention, I noted that the active CC was the Joanna site.

mrat1234

does newberry county sheriff still operate on uhf or do they now use the palmetto 800 on their 2 talkgroups

Will001

Premium Subscriber
My understanding is that they use a mixture of both, but primarily UHF (last time I checked)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I passed through Newberry County a couple of times this past weekend. Picked up a few talkgroups that I have added to the database. I'm not 100% certain on them, but I'm fairly certain.

I will confirm that 460.1750, 460.6125 and 154.220 are still in use on the conventional side also.

Status
Not open for further replies.