Newbi with a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamienPriest

Thought I would pick up a scanner(Uniden BC72XLT) to listen in on the RCMP call outs but have NO idea what I am doing. This model I mentioned is it capable of picking up these calls? I am in the lloydminster area. That is my next question where can I find frequencies? I looked in the data base in Alberta and Sask and did not see anything for Lloydminster. Thanx in advance for any info. I will continue reading the forums to see what else I can find.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
If you live in Lloydminster then you are in luck with that scanner. At least for the Alberta frequencies. Kitscoty is on A9 155.595. I also heard talk that Lloydminster have moved the RCMP detachment from the Saskatchewan side to the Alberta side. Please confirm with me the move happened but I see a bunch of new 3B141 range vehicles are assigned there. If so you can go to the page that shows the Alberta RCMP frequencies A1-15, B1-15, C1-C5 and Tac 1-9. Most are analog and with the list you can add the tone of either 123.0 and 131.8 but if it is quiet where you are you might not want to bother.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Check Vermilion County in the Alberta listings. It shows Lloydminster, Mannville, Vermillion and Kitscoty RCMP plus Lloydminster rescue. The city moved to K Division exactly one year ago.

pug_27

hello i has in Lloydminster a few week a go and and the lloyd rcmp are on the new sask P25 system for the sask side lloyd digital freq i heard on 139.0350,139.6750,138.4500,139.1400 but i did not get the control channel i did not right that down im goin back their soon so i well get it then and the Alberta side is on C2 155.4300

Bluedmax

hello i has in Lloydminster a few week a go and and the lloyd rcmp are on the new sask P25 system for the sask side lloyd digital freq i heard on 139.0350,139.6750,138.4500,139.1400 but i did not get the control channel i did not right that down im goin back their soon so i well get it then and the Alberta side is on C2 155.4300

Hi pug , when you get the control channel for loyd. can you submit the freqs. in the database so colby can enter it ... thanks.

mobile1

Site CC used again at another site ?

I had a look in the DB and the site a Lloydminster looks to be the same as the one at Yorkton, so the control should be on 139.2450 or 138.7950 MHz.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
It does make sense that they use C1 (R) or C2 (S) 155.430 for the City of Lloydminster as Wetaskiwin is on C3 unencrypted. Also Monitor 156.030 to determine the PL tone and that way we can confirm if it is A13 or B13. Tones should be 123.0 for A13 and 131.8 for B13. There should be a K Div repeater a bit into the border of Saskatchewan tied into the digital system in case of a cross border pursuit. Also makes sense they have digital there for the same reason.

I have confirmed that Lloyd did move from F Division to K Division last January.

colby4601

It does make sense that they use C1 (R) or C2 (S) 155.430 for the City of Lloydminster as Wetaskiwin is on C3 unencrypted. Also Monitor 156.030 to determine the PL tone and that way we can confirm if it is A13 or B13. Tones should be 123.0 for A13 and 131.8 for B13. There should be a K Div repeater a bit into the border of Saskatchewan tied into the digital system in case of a cross border pursuit. Also makes sense they have digital there for the same reason.

I have confirmed that Lloyd did move from F Division to K Division last January.

A lot of the time, Detachments that work in close proximity of a provincial border usually have a radio for their province and a radio for the bordering province in case of, as you said, a pursuit or an instance where an officer needs help.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Before Saskatchewan went digital it was much easier. Alberta RCMP units had K, E (B.C.) and F Division frequencies in one VHF radio. Now I don't see a large municipal detachment like Lloydminster putting numerous EDACS P25 radios in all the cars. There is most likely a patch situation that gives limited coverage each way across the border.

Does the EDACS system have a p25 SAimplex fail soft that would take over so Saskatchewan units can still communicate even if away from the digital system.

Yelaeh

Vermillion River Lloydminster

Hey all,

Been a while since anyone has posted. The new RCMP building on the Alberta side is nearly complete. I am unsure about the move date. I wonder will this impact the current analog frequencies?
I have noticed recently, there seems to be one sided conversations taking place, you hear the local dispatching and control dispatches, but less of the member (police) side of the conversations. I thought at first my squelch was up, but that wasn't the case.
I doubt the police can be digital and dispatch still be analog. sounds silly, but there appears to be a change.
I am using A BC72XLT.

I imagine its inevitable that Vermillion River will go digital at some point. Everything East and west of us has gone or is going that way.

Hope for a reply.

DX-300

Wow, I find it interesting that things are changing so quickly, I was in Lloyd last year in February and I was able to hear all R.C.M.P analogue communications (A13, B13, B16 repeaters) for the Alberta side of town and Vermillion County.

Status
Not open for further replies.