Newbie 250d S.A.M.E. Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nargus

Forgive me for asking what I think is a basic question. I have programmed my 250d with the local S.A.M.E. code, and have turned the Weather Alert on. Does it stay on while I scan elsewhere? Or do I have to keep it listening to the weather frequencies for it to work? The instruction manual has left me more confused than anything. Any and all information regarding the 250d's weather alert will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

captclint

Mentor
Forgive me for asking what I think is a basic question. I have programmed my 250d with the local S.A.M.E. code, and have turned the Weather Alert on. Does it stay on while I scan elsewhere? Or do I have to keep it listening to the weather frequencies for it to work? The instruction manual has left me more confused than anything. Any and all information regarding the 250d's weather alert will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I believe all Unidens require that you hold on the Weather Freq for the alert to work...you can't scan.

n2mdk

Since the radio has only one tuner it has to be set to listen to only the weather frequency. It can not scan at the same time.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
GRE scanners set with WX Pri will sound tone followed by current broadcast from the weather tower. However, if a talkgroup is active at the time of the tone, the scanner will miss the tonel. Also, to get SAME warnings, the scanner needs to be parked on STBY, which is the same as the 250/785/296/796 series.

DonS

GRE scanners set with WX Pri will sound tone followed by current broadcast from the weather tower. However, if a talkgroup is active at the time of the tone, the scanner will miss the tonel.
Depends on the GRE scanner. The PSR-500/600 will interrupt trunked calls to check "Wx Priority".

Status
Not open for further replies.