newbie: audio question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabarker

I bought a BC346XT and downloaded Proscan. I love it!! But I have an audio question that could be Proscan or Windows Vista. I've connected the scanner's headphone to the laptop's external mic, and everything is recording fine. But I can't output the recording sound to the laptop's speakers or headphone. I have to click on each recording when it's done and listen to the playback. I know I could split the scanner's output to go both to external speakers and the laptop, but that seems like a clumsy solution. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I bought a BC346XT and downloaded Proscan. I love it!! But I have an audio question that could be Proscan or Windows Vista. I've connected the scanner's headphone to the laptop's external mic, and everything is recording fine. But I can't output the recording sound to the laptop's speakers or headphone. I have to click on each recording when it's done and listen to the playback. I know I could split the scanner's output to go both to external speakers and the laptop, but that seems like a clumsy solution. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

You want to monitor the scanner audio on the computer speaker while you are recording?

There is an option in the Windows sound panel / mixer called "Record Without Monitoring" that needs to be turned off.

Step 1
Click on the ProScan "Audio Control" tab and then click on the "Mixer" button. The Windows sound panel / mixer will pop up.

Step 2
Click on the "Recording" tab and then choose "Analog Mix".

Step 3
Click on the "Custom" tab and uncheck the option "Record Without Monitoring".

Advise if you still need assistance.

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
What you're missing is the monitor function, how you operate it depends on the "mixer" software and the capabilities of the hardware you're using. There may be more to it than the above queue jumper (;->) advised (I use an NVIDIA sound card and NVMixer software) so like he said, keep us informed.

Last edited:

nabarker

My recording tab doesn't have "analog mix". See attached. I tried all other tabs, but no go. Any other ideas?

You want to monitor the scanner audio on the computer speaker while you are recording?

There is an option in the Windows sound panel / mixer called "Record Without Monitoring" that needs to be turned off.

Step 1
Click on the ProScan "Audio Control" tab and then click on the "Mixer" button. The Windows sound panel / mixer will pop up.

Step 2
Click on the "Recording" tab and then choose "Analog Mix".

Step 3
Click on the "Custom" tab and uncheck the option "Record Without Monitoring".

Advise if you still need assistance.

Attachments

• sound panel.png
    sound panel.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 285

nabarker

see attached for external mic properties.

Attachments

• sound panel 2.png
    sound panel 2.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 260
  • sound panel 3.png
    sound panel 3.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 257
  • sound panel 4.png
    sound panel 4.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 182
  • sound panel 5.png
    sound panel 5.png
    11 KB · Views: 192

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
See if this helps

Show Disabled Devices

This link will show you how to show the disabled sound devices and enable the disabled devices. Once you enable the devices then possibly the monitor option may appear. Also the newly enabled device has to be set as the default.

Last edited:

nabarker

Stereo Mix say "currently unavailable". When I click on properties, it says "device is working properly". I feel like I'm running in circles!

Show Disabled Devices

This link will show you how to show the disabled sound devices and enable the disabled devices. Once you enable the devices then possibly the monitor option may appear. Also the newly enabled device has to be set as the default.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Stereo Mix say "currently unavailable". When I click on properties, it says "device is working properly". I feel like I'm running in circles!

Do you have any other devices that are not shown because they are disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.