Newbie, BC796D

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0mpd

Premium Subscriber
I'm a new guy and just recently figured out how to download the data base using the ProScan software into my BC796D. Now the problem I'm having is the trunked channels are not working and all the frequencies that should be there aren't. I live in St. Charles Missouri so I monitor St. Peters CIty, St. Charles City and St. Charles County, which are all digital. Is there a better way to compile a complete list? The trunker channels are all over the place and some of the frequnencies are not there. Thanks in advance.
Adrian

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Are you trying to import multiple sites in one bank? Although it may handle it you need to only import control channels and telling some software to import a bunch of sites into an older scanner confuses it.

I suggest try 1 site per bank for now.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Also note the 796 channel numbers take getting use too

Bank 7 is not channel 701... It's channel 601.
This is normal..

n0mpd

Premium Subscriber
torontokris
Thanks for the help. My biggest problem is I don't know how the ProScan program works so it's a learning curve for me. I live in St. Charles Missouri and I can't get the city police or St. Peters Police frequencies to work. I just did a firmware update for my scanner and I know I'm doing something wrong. I don' t know the control frequency for each department. I have a BC796D.
Adrian

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Take a look on this site (search top right hand corner). The software imports from this site so you can see what the frequencies are in case the software is jumbling them

ARC250 also works (trial version). Note ARC250 sometimes has some issues from messing up control channels to switching banks (you chose bank 7 it goes to channel 701 which is wrong).

n0mpd

Premium Subscriber
I will do that and thanks for your help. I got St. Peters City to work but still working on St. Charles City. It's a long drawn out process.

Status
Not open for further replies.