Newbie BCT15 Programming Question For Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

william7299

Hello all,

First off thanks in advance for any help that may be provided. Secondly please excuse my ignorance when it comes to trunking. I am new into trunking and am struggling to learn the ins and outs!

I just bought a Uniden BCT15 scanner. I have been reading about trunked radio systems and am having a hard time following all the "lingo". I dowloaded FreeScan and used the import feature from RadioReference and imported the "Franklin County Public Saftey" system.

This worked fine however I am only wanting to hear the Fire and EMS side of the system. I don't want to listen to the PD. Is there any way to do this or due to the way the trunked system works will I have to listen to everything.

I would like to hear "Columbus Fire", "Suburban Fire Departments" and "Metro Emeg Comm Center Fire/EMS"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

william7299

@W8RMH,

Thanks for your help, If you could email that to me that would be a great help. I will private message you my email. I thought I had deleted the PD talk groups however I didn't. I deleted the PD talk groups now and am hearing much less PD traffic however there are alot of ID numbers that are still PD or others. Is there any way to lock out specific ID numbers? Most of the random ID numbers sound like they are parking lots?

Status
Not open for further replies.