Newbie Computerized Scanning Person

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBFD1287

Hey guys, Im new to computerized scanning software. Im trying to find the correct software for a Radio Shack Pro-2052 And cant seem to find any that is anything. All I want to do is be able to edit and delete my channels VIA PC.

Thanks

Tony
Sunrise Beach Fire.

Trekker65

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, Im new to computerized scanning software. Im trying to find the correct software for a Radio Shack Pro-2052 And cant seem to find any that is anything. All I want to do is be able to edit and delete my channels VIA PC.

Thanks

Tony
Sunrise Beach Fire.
Scancat lite will program the Pro 2052. I have used it several times with success. There is a lot of bad press out there regarding the Scancat Lite program - mainly because it will only work on the latest computers and requires a lot of resident memory. Had a problem myself until I upgraded my computer. You will need the proper cable and possibly a serial port on your computer unless you can find a usb to serial adapter. Oddly enough, the Radio Shack Police Call books from the past had a CD data base in the book that included a program to send frequencies direct to the Pro2052 from the data base. I found an old copy of Police Call with CD at a Half-Price Book store. There may be other programs out there but I have not seen any recently for that model since it is a little older. Mine still serves me well. Good luck on your quest.

SBFD1287

You wouldnt happen to have a link for it would you?

Im running Win 7 AMD Athlon X2 Processor @ 1.30~GHZ
4 gig ram with a USB to serial adapter

Thanks, Tony

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The Scancrap...er...Scancat Lite Plus website is here (note: all links are in blue). Note that you cannot use this software to download data from the database directly; however if you have Excel or similar, there is a procedure for doing that.

However, Scan Control also works with the 2052, and uses a proprietary copy procedure called the Data Grabber to get data from the database. You don't need to use the Excel procedure above. In addition, it has a method for upgrading your data from the 2052 to another model - something Scancrap...er Scancat can't easily do. 73 Mike

SBFD1287

Ok, Ill try that one. Too bad they all want to charge BAH!

Thanks for the help. Is there any way to HARD RESET one of these?

And any tips/tricks to know?

SBFD1287

Sorry guys, I cant seem to get anything! to work!

either its COMM issues, which i keep changing my COM ports

Or WIN 7 issues, who knows...Im rather computer savvy but who knows!

I keep getting a C:Windows\systen32\mfc40.dll Error when downloading the last program recommended.

SBFD1287

Scancat lite will program the Pro 2052. I have used it several times with success. There is a lot of bad press out there regarding the Scancat Lite program - mainly because it will only work on the latest computers and requires a lot of resident memory.

I couldnt get it to do anything...... Load my freqs onto the PC, or hell even connect to my radio!,,,,,, and it DOES NOT load into the radio per the website.

What the heck am i doing wrong here!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't have one, so I don't know the answer for the key sequence for a hard reset. That's a good question for our RS forum. However, seeing that this scanner was made by Uniden, it's quite possible that holding 2/9/hold while powering up (a standard among Uniden scanners) will also work here. No guarantees, though.

As to tips, see our 2052 wiki article.

73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Sorry guys, I cant seem to get anything! to work!

either its COMM issues, which i keep changing my COM ports

Or WIN 7 issues, who knows...Im rather computer savvy but who knows!

I keep getting a C:Windows\systen32\mfc40.dll Error when downloading the last program recommended.

Jim Springer (yes, that's his name), who is the author for the Scancat programs, can be found on the Scancat Yahoo group. 73 Mike

SBFD1287

Jim Springer (yes, that's his name), who is the author for the Scancat programs, can be found on the Scancat Yahoo group. 73 Mike

Ok, I joined the group. Thanks for the help tonight guys. Looks like I have something to do off shift on the 4 day. Anyone here from Missouri?

Status
Not open for further replies.