Newbie could use some help with BCT8 programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnysideauto

I could use some help and a list of good channels for Portland police Gresham police and Clackamas and Multnomah county sheriff. I am having a really hard time getting the trunking freq to work from. I am not sure I am entering them correctly? Any one has time to guide me through it. John at 5033186293 or can any one email me a list of good frequencies? sunnysideautomotive@comcast.net

Thanks John C

ORE007

Feed Provider
Are you programming manually or through the PC? I would recommend getting the pc cable if you do not have it and there are programs out there that make it fairly easy to do this.

Here is a link to the manual if you don't have one http://www.uniden.com/content/ebiz/uniden/resources/ownersmanuals/BCT8om.pdf
The list of freqs and talk group ID's that you will need to enter are in the database (button up at top of this page). If the BCT8 does "control channel only" programming then you only need the 4 control channel freqs for each county (put them in different banks), or all the freqs for each county if it won't do CConly, and then input the talk group id's for each that you want to listen to, in the corrisponding bank. Make sure the bank is set to Motorola trunking and if you did everything right you will be set. Hope that helps. And welcome to RR.

Status
Not open for further replies.