Newbie from Culver City,CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

uh1hhuey

Hello, I have unfortunately been to the posts section for my local area (Los Angeles) and asked a question deep into a thread that relates to my question as to why I can no longer hear my local city Culver City PD/FD. But i am not getting replies to help me and I notice that members get replied to by other members within hours if not within a day. I cannot email or message any of the members in the thread to help me rectify my scanning problem. Is there anybody out there? Thanks Michael

allend

Premium Subscriber
What I would do is delete your old system that you created for Culver City since it does not work anymore and start fresh.

I believe you could add the ICIS P25 for Pasadena and the Glendale site. You should be-able to pickup Culver City on those Cell Site.

I do remember that I can still pickup the Culver City PD DSP on the old SmartZone P25 system from the Montebello Cell Site.

Keep in mind that sometimes when people don't answer is because they don't know or live in your area and would not want to give you mis information.

uh1hhuey

Well what I did is made another system with a different name added the control channel freq (red) and other freq (blue) then added all the talk groups and still nothing. I will program in Glendale and Pasadena and see if that works. Otherwise I may have to resort to close call and hang around the firehouse and PD to catch some bits that way and just save them. Thanks. If you have any further info or frequencies let me know as I am trying to get better at this hobby but the technology is changing fast. Have a great day. Michael

allend

Premium Subscriber
on a P25 Phase I system you won't hear the control channel.

Curious to see what kind of radio this user is trying to program these systems

uh1hhuey

482.4625 is the only channel I hear anything on and that is the machine gunning sound. I don't see any new Culver City control channels listed just the channels that are on the page that says they are now depreciated. My radio is the handheld Unidentifiable BCD396T. maybe I am missing the page that shows the. Ew frequencies that Culver City is using, they just recently moved to RCC in Hawthorne and dispatching is no longer in house. Still wondering if anyone is receiving Culver City. Thanks for trying to help out I appreciate your time. Michael

allend

Premium Subscriber
use this page for programming your radio

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7095

Keep in mind that a portable radio is more difficult to pick up distance control channels on where you live.

I only use base scanners with a disconne antenna on the roof up at 30 to 40 feet. This allows me to pickup radio signals from far distances.

uh1hhuey

Thanks Allend I have that page all loaded up in my scanner but maybe I have not done it correctly. I really wish someone in the LA area could tell me without a doubt that that they actually can hear conversations from CCPD/CCFD as of this week. I have yet to have anyone confirm they have heard them as of lately. Are you close enough to verify this. Thanks again. Michael

kma371

QRT
Are you using software or by hand? Post your file so we can look at it.

uwsurfer

CC is using the same frequencies as the old Smart Zone system & transmitting from the same TX site as before.

They are:

You have to change the talk group ID's and program for P25 phase 1 digital, trunked system.

uh1hhuey

Ok finally hearing something I put the scanner back in ID/Search Mode instead of ID/Scan Mode. Now I am starting to hear a bunch of talkgroups. So here is a question for you I entered some talk groups under DEC that are 5 digits long but those don't seem to be the ones I am hitting on. The ones that are coming through are all 4 digit number talkgroups. The 5 digit ones came off a RR page that was for System: Motorola Type II Smartzone with Custom Frequencies Table on the page for Base,Spacing,Offset. Those I do not get. I do get the 4 digit Talkgroups listed on another RR page under the System Type: Project 25 phase 1. So I don't know how I went wrong but I am going to keep playing around with it. Any thoughts?

Badboy536

I am hearing them on the pasadena site talk group #2383 police dispatch.no problem.
On my 396xt ,436hp , 536hp and my homepatrol 1and 2.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Allend I have that page all loaded up in my scanner but maybe I have not done it correctly. I really wish someone in the LA area could tell me without a doubt that that they actually can hear conversations from CCPD/CCFD as of this week. I have yet to have anyone confirm they have heard them as of lately. Are you close enough to verify this. Thanks again. Michael

There you go. Somebody can hear Culver City and I can to this is why I pointed you in the right direction to fix your problems.

Like the saying goes "you can only lead the horse to the watering hole" That it.

uh1hhuey

Nice, thank you. I seek information again please. Why is it that the original Culver City MOT that was programmed with my scanner after I bought it defaults to 482.4625a (alternate control channel). When the newest system I set up defaults to the primary control channel 482.5625c. No matter what I try to do to save the original settings they stay the same and I here nothing. I was just wondering why it would hold that channel like that and never use the primary control.channel. That aside I am so thankful that you came along and offered up the good stuff. You just made my day. I will now do my part and try to learn more about this scanning hobby andmy gear so as to hopefully be able to help out others in the future. Cheers. Michael

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
I have not noted any issues with Culver City P25 site. Have been hearing them loud and clear like always each time I monitor it.

Badboy536

Wow you have a bunch of scanners Badboy536. How do you like the Homepatrol 2 scanner? That's my next buy I think.

I love my homepatrol 1 and 2.but the all black on the homepatrol 2 looks great.lol.
The price is coming down on the homepatrol 2 on amazon.keep an eye on it.i got
Mine on amazon last year on a lighting deal for $299 new.i think there $390 right
Now.but I think it will be coming down in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.