Newbie Help in Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwreck

Hi All,

I'm new to the software defined radio (SDR) world and to this site, so be gentle. I currently have an RTL-SDR v3 dongle, SDR#, VB Audio Virtual Cable, and DSD+ installed. I'm trying to decode some DMR and P25 transmissions (Calloway County Sheriff's Dispatch, Murray Police Dispatch) and having limited success. Are there any SDR enthusiasts (especially in Murray) that would be willing to help a newbie get started?

Thanks.

Bill88

Longtime Member
Hi All,

I'm new to the software defined radio (SDR) world and to this site, so be gentle. I currently have an RTL-SDR v3 dongle, SDR#, VB Audio Virtual Cable, and DSD+ installed. I'm trying to decode some DMR and P25 transmissions (Calloway County Sheriff's Dispatch, Murray Police Dispatch) and having limited success. Are there any SDR enthusiasts (especially in Murray) that would be willing to help a newbie get started?

Thanks.

I'll give it a go.
I believe I have the same setup available so I'll try it and see if it works for me and then perhaps I'll be in a position to try to help.

Bill88

Longtime Member
I'll give it a go.
I believe I have the same setup available so I'll try it and see if it works for me and then perhaps I'll be in a position to try to help.
I can't seem to pick up Murray strong enough from where I'm at.
I'll have to take the whole setup next time I go into town and try it there.

Sorry about no solution yet.

rwreck

Bill88,

Thanks for trying. I've been able to get it going after some tweaking. Not picking up all the transmissions, but at least some. Still learning how to best utilize the software.

Bill88

Longtime Member
Bill88,

Thanks for trying. I've been able to get it going after some tweaking. Not picking up all the transmissions, but at least some. Still learning how to best utilize the software.
I'm glad to hear that you are getting something at least.

I'm supposed to go into, or at least near, Murray one day this week.
Hopefully I'll have time to test my setup there and report what I find.

-BILL

Status
Not open for further replies.