newbie help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDPIA

Hi! would like to scan the Marcs system channels. W?hat would be the best scanners for this? And are they very hard to program? Thanks

af5rn

In the future, it would really help if you told us where you are. Most people here are not from Ohio and have no idea what you are talking about.

hoser147

Hi! would like to scan the Marcs system channels. W?hat would be the best scanners for this? And are they very hard to program? Thanks

You will need a Digital scanner to monitor the MARCs system. Programing can be a little tricky however with software and a premium subscription here to the database it is a snap. Hoser

gd9704

I'm still a newbie (in Lake County, Ohio) and I've only had my Grecom PSR-500 for a week. But with the help of this website and the ARC500 software, I've got the MARCS talkgroups I'm interested in cooking just fine.

Like hoser said, you'll need a digital scanner to minitor MARCS.

Good luck,

Greg

Dubbin

Feed Provider
In the future, it would really help if you told us where you are. Most people here are not from Ohio and have no idea what you are talking about.

If you know where hes from then try helping him out a little bit other then just scolding him...

RDPIA, pretty much any of the new digital radios will work just fine on MARCS. Figure the $500 range to pick up a new one and $300-$500 for used.

af5rn

If you know where hes from then try helping him out a little bit other then just scolding him...
The only reason I knew is because I cared enough to Google it, instead of just ignoring him. I didn't scold him. I just gave him probably the most useful suggestion he'll ever get here. If you think that is a scolding, then I'm surprised you've actually survived this forum this long.

I figure this will get moved to the proper forum soon enough. And I have faith in the members here that he'll get the help he needs from those who can do so.

RDPIA

Thanks to everyone for their help and for the info.Sorry if I posted in wrong form.RDPIA

Status
Not open for further replies.