Newbie help

Status
Not open for further replies.

varstrom

Hi all,

Just joined and wanted to say hi. This is all new to me and I am picking up a Pro-97 in a few weeks. I had a Pro several years ago, but it had some bugs and I returned it, but never got another one.

I was wondering if there are any books or manuals online that teach you about scanners and programming. The book that came with my old Pro did not help at all. I couldn't understand the directions.

Is there anything that explains "Scanning for beginners" in layman's terms?

I look forward to conversing on this forum a lot more. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Varstrom

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
First off Welcome (back) to Scanning and RadioReference.com!

The Wiki pages are a great place to start here

On these pages, you should be able to find anything and everything you want to know about scanning, including links to the Pro-97 here

I found the manual relatively easy to read and understand. I have a pro-2055 (mobile counterpart) and the WIN97 software really made it easy to program the scanner. As a subscribing member of this site, you can use the software to download frequencies directly from this site! You can look here for information on the subscription.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask away!

varstrom

newbie help

Thanks for the info Aaron. I read the articles in the Wiki section of RR and they were helpful, but I was wondering if anyone has ever posted a thread giving step by step instructions (layman's terms) on programming the Pro-97.

I tried to read the manual online, but it's still confusing to me.

Thanks!

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Varstrom and all,

You're not the only one who finds the manual confusing but with computer programming and control it's easy. You'd be better off going that route believe me, BuTel (ARC) for one makes programming as easy as filling in a Microsoft Word spread sheet, that's exactly what the data files are.

varstrom

I looked on the Butelsoftware.com site, but it doesn't show any support for the Pro-97.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
varstrom said:
I looked on the Butelsoftware.com site, but it doesn't show any support for the Pro-97.

For the PRO-97, try Starrsoft software. Free 30 day trial, then it's $25 to register. Well worth it, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.