Newbie Here - Can someone assist or point me in the correct direction on my Radio Shack Pro95 Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

houseofpayne

I'm in the Silver Spring Area (20910) and just starting using my scanner again after a few years. I notice the local police and fire channels are coming up with pure static 494.91250 and 494.86250. I'm not sure of the cause and I saw a thread about older scanners need 'rebranding' but I don't know what that is about. I read the instructions on adding Trunking channel 853.8625c but that is also nothing but static. Maybe I'm programming incorrectly. Any help would be great.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the Silver Spring Area (20910) and just starting using my scanner again after a few years. I notice the local police and fire channels are coming up with pure static 494.91250 and 494.86250. I'm not sure of the cause and I saw a thread about older scanners need 'rebranding' but I don't know what that is about. I read the instructions on adding Trunking channel 853.8625c but that is also nothing but static. Maybe I'm programming incorrectly. Any help would be great.
Yea, those UHF channels are no longer in use. The county deployed a 800 MHz SmartZone trunking system in the early 2000s to replace their UHF T-band repeater system, and then rebanded during the Nextel Sprint mitigation. The county is about to deploy a new Astro P25 Phase radio system by the end of this year. Your Pro95 will need to be replaced as it is obsolete and unable to receive this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.