Newbie here... lots of Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

intheb0x

hello all,
i found everything i needed here but i ahve some questions.. i live in milwaukee WI and found milwauke countys list and when im going through the lists lets say for the sheriffs i see bailiffs and court rooms and many more but there are no frequneices there for me to input into my scanner.. just hex #s and dec#s ... how does this work? i see many different things i would like to inout into my scanner like a bunch of drug units and warrant units and then sme and they all got the same thing... hex#s and dec#'s any help would be greatly appreciated on how everything works.
thank you.

Sac916

intheb0x said:
hello all,
i found everything i needed here but i ahve some questions.. i live in milwaukee WI and found milwauke countys list and when im going through the lists lets say for the sheriffs i see bailiffs and court rooms and many more but there are no frequneices there for me to input into my scanner.. just hex #s and dec#s ... how does this work? i see many different things i would like to inout into my scanner like a bunch of drug units and warrant units and then sme and they all got the same thing... hex#s and dec#'s any help would be greatly appreciated on how everything works.
thank you.

The Hex / Dec are Talk Groups for a Trunked Radio system.
Ignore the " hex " - The Dec is also known as a Talk Group.
You've got a lot of learning ahead, start by learning about a Trunked Radio system.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunking_Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.