Newbie here (scanner book question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldozerbert

I am a mid level scanner buff, and have been on here for awhile, just have not posted............

anyway, where does one get all the frequencies for plugging in the scanner? Years ago , I had a book, but do not remember where I got it.........

TIA

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Look up at the top of this page and find the box labelled Database.

Click on that and drill down into Canada and then Ontario.

From there, click on the County of your choice.

lencatman

I think he's talking about the Harteq Scanner Frequency Book I bought one of those years ago when I got my PRO-51 Scanner from the place formaly known as Radio Shack now known as The Source here in Toronto,Ontario Canada. Also Check out your local Library they may have one there.

P.S. Anybody here collect Popular Communications Magazines?.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

In Wellington County you might want to invest in a scanner that allows you to follow trunked systems. Your police force, the OPP are on the Bell Fleetnet system. You can listen along to them and the MOH and MTO. If you are north of Fergus you are in a good location to monitor many towers and listen to the goings on for a large part of the S/SW of the province. The Haruteq book was last published in 2002. The author claimed he had tiniutis but as you see here, this is the best site in the world for scanning, all the info you need is found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.