newbie in polk county

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjho33

i am wanting to buy a portable scanner. my main interest is in listening to the polk co sheriff dept. any suggestions? from what ive read they will be going digital in the next month? any help is appreciated.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hello newcomer, I extend a very warm welcome to the Radioreference community. If you have positive confirmation that PCSO is going digital, then a digital handheld is obviously the way to go. There are members on the site that reside in Polk County who can either confirm or deny that, you will be hearing from them soon enough. To get you started, check out the Polk County database for frequencies & any updates to their Motorola Smartzone trunked system. In the meantime check the Radioreference WIKI section on digital scanner reviews & trunking tutorials. Here are some sites of makers of the big 3 digital scanners available today, a scanner sales site & a review website for real world hands-on reviews. Again, welcone to RR & choose wisely.

Scanner Master - Police Scanners by Uniden Bearcat, AOR and Radio Shack.

Uniden | A World Without Wires

RadioShack - mobile phones, MP3 players, laptops, and more

GRE America, Inc. - grecom scanner receiver, lcd modules, spread spectrum radio, wireless bridge, scanner antenna, scanner pre-amps.

eHam.net Reviews - Receivers: Scanners

FLRAILMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.