newbie looking for help bcd996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

enjoy425

Premium Subscriber
I just got a new 996xt scanner and I have been playing with it ,but in might as well be in cheese I have no clue to what am doing or how to set it up.I would like to get the Hamilton ,Ontario police ,fire and ems in my area I need some help in setting this scanner so I can get something on it your help in this matter would be apreciated
thanks Gary

StephenVa

Have you looked into any of the programming software like ProScan or FreeScan? I bought a copy of ProScan and a sub here and it's made programming the scanner really easy. Here's a few links that may help you.

FreeScan
Sixspot Software

ProScan (what I have and I like it over FreeScan)
ProScan

Easier to Read BCD996XT Digital Scanner Manual
Mark's Scanners

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Gary before you tackle the software, you're going to find you will need to understand how DMA works first; the relationships between systems, sites and groups are kinda tricky at first, particularly if all you've ever done is program with 'banks'. Take the time to read and understand the Easier to Read manual first, before you proceed.

We have an Ontario related forum where folks from your area can give you an assist; perhaps you can get a file for your area to get started (all links are blue, by the way):

Ontario - The RadioReference.com Forums

best regards...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.