Newbie - Motorola XPR7750e

danewyatt

Hello all, I am brand new into all of this. Recently I was given a Motorola XPR7750e. What actually can I do with this? I understand most of local PD/Fire utilize encrypted radios so I am unable to listen to them, is there any other use for carrying this around?

Thanks.

Reconrider

By "understand", do you mean that you LOOKED and seen it encrypted?
Or you were told by the pd/fd it was encrypted. Half the people doing the job barely understand the antenna needs to be pointed up.

dickie757

Wired
Probably nothing you can do with it. Where in VA are you? I'll take it off your hands

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Hello all, I am brand new into all of this. Recently I was given a Motorola XPR7750e. What actually can I do with this? I understand most of local PD/Fire utilize encrypted radios so I am unable to listen to them, is there any other use for carrying this around?

Thanks.

Why was it given to you? Did you want it? Did someone think you had the aptitude/interest to do something with it?

Learning curves on equipment like that can be steep and expensive.

Without a license, you cannot transmit anywhere in the country with that radio.
Unless it is already programmed to receive local radio traffic, it won't do anything useful. It would require specific programming. That needs programming software and programming cable that is specific to that line of radio.

Kind of useless unless you plan to get licensed to use it, or really want to listen to something very specific.

If you just want to listen, sell it and put the money towards a scanner. Much more flexible, useful, and easy to learn.