Newbie needs help with bcd996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since you're in NH, Scanner Master would be the closest to you. But I would encourage you to study and learn this - otherwise every time you want to make a change, you need to send the radio back and that costs you additional money.

Your better bet is twofold - go to our NH forum (and/or the forum on Scan New England) and ask for a file for your area. Be sure to say you're using Freescan and for what radio you want to program. The other alternative is to download one of the files off the Scan New England wiki (link below) and study that. Sometimes that helps the light bulb to go on

Freescan - Downloads - Scan New England Forums

and as for our NH forum...there appears to be a sticky thread on this very subject

http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...orum/142706-nh-scanner-programming-files.html

Mike

Last edited:

awattam

If I had kept my premium membership up to date

I would happily program it for you this weekend. I had the same problems when I first got mine and had two days of `buyers remorse' until I found some files on here for Freescan.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
These 996xt's can be as simple or as complex as you want/need. I would simply download your local frequencies from RR to FreeScan, and upload to your scanner. Turn the scanner on, and listen. Don't worry about Quick Keys and such just yet. Simply set small goals of what you wish to accomplish. You'll have years to learn all the other capabilities. When you want to learn another feature, lets say the Band Scope function, just focus on that alone until it becomes second-nature. Trying to accomplish too much too quickly can cause frustration.

unhcp

Premium Subscriber
I setup the homepatrol this past week and I am very impressed, the unit works great and is very easy to use. I setup my favorites list and it has been working awesome, audio is good quality and the interface is very nice with lots of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.