Newbie needs help with YRPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyta

I have recently purchased a Uniden BC396T and it was preloaded with YRPD. It seems like some districts will have lots of activity then the channel goes dead for over 8 hours. It seems to happen to district one the most. Is this normal or am I missing some frequency's or is the set-up incorrect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I checked the RR Data base and I have all the TGID'S installed including 115. Thanks

Last edited:

hypersight

2 Things come to mind. YRP uses MDTs for most of their calls....maybe that's why you don't hear much action sometimes. Also They patch their channels together, so if you are not hearing anything on Dist 1 for a while, it's probably patched with Dist 5.

mciupa

Hi tonyta , welcome to RadioReference. :)

Another scenario that may be happening is that YR trunked system does Control Channel rotation.
Since you did not program the scanner, make sure that all four channel freq.'s are entered.
They may inadvertantly neglected to program all of them for you. :confused:
They rotate daily , and I've seen rotation even twice or more in a single day.

tonyta

Hi Guy's thanks for the replys. Like everything it's a bit of a learning curve, last time I had a scanner was over 15 years ago when they were all on single channels. I used BCTool and the BearCat BCD396T Director as a software to check the whats loaded in the scanner and everything seems entered. I found BC Tool to be neat because it has a record feature. Last night I listened to YRP for a couple of hours to see whats going on in the snow storm and it just seemed to0 quiet for such a night. Any other software out there or places to get frequency or channel updates. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.