newbie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyl8

Bought ( my husband) a pro-106. And of course the one area we aren't hearing anything from is, Kettering, Where we happen to live. I heard they made some changes with the pd and the quirks have yet to be worked out. We do see KPD then ID but no sound. Are we doing something wrong or do we just wait? Firmware is updated and we also have the 800 mhz antenna. Any help will be appreciated as well as any tips for us newbies. Thanks a bunch!

Stardogg

Premium Subscriber
Check and make sure you have your squelch set properly, also make sure you double check your programming for errors. They are easy mistakes for a nOOb to make. . .:).

Last edited:

scannerboy01

What you would need to do, is enter into your Pro-106 the type of trunked system, which is a Motorola Type II Smartnet. Then, you enter in the system frequencies. Now that you have the system frequencies, you can listen to any service using the system. Since you want to listen to Kettering Police Department, you would enter in 6896 in the decimal format or 1af in the Hexadecimal format. I hope I helped you understand how exactly to listen to a service using a trunked system. The following link is for the Radio Reference database Montgomery County OH Trunking System, Dayton, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies and this one explaining trunked systems further. Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.