Newbie needs some help with the SAFE T Programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyjoehenry

Live in owen county. Have heard they switched to 800mhz SAFE T system. Have a Uniden BCT-8 scanner. Have entered primary control and alternate frequencies. And talk group id's i found on the site. Am not picking up anything. Any help apprecciated.

holeinace

Make sure you have the frequencies as MOT and not FM or EDACS. Also make sure the Talkgroup Id's are not locked out. I know it sounds like an obvious fix but I have done it.

W9NES

Go to the Database, click on Indiana and then click on Safe-t and look for Owen County.There you will find all the infomation you need.Hope this helps.

Viper43

Live in owen county. Have heard they switched to 800mhz SAFE T system. Have a Uniden BCT-8 scanner. Have entered primary control and alternate frequencies. And talk group id's i found on the site. Am not picking up anything. Any help apprecciated.

If you note under Owen Counties talk groups where it says MODE all the talk groups are "D" which means they are DIGITAL so you will need a digital scanner to hear them.

Billyjoehenry

Thanks everyone for the info. Looks like i'll be getting me a digital scanner. Do most people keep an older one to scan regular frequincies with and then just trunk the digital ones with the digital scanner or can you scan both with the digital one?

Thanks!

Viper43

you can scan both, but I always have two or three going and in the shop 9 of them at the moment. That way I don't miss the good stuff :) There is still lots of activity on the analog bands to scan so keep the old one too. Keep the old frequencies too as you never know SAFET could go down or as in the floods in Monroe Co a while back SAFET was so busy Martinsville had to revert back to the old system to communicate, that can happen anywhere so it is best to have the old frequencies ready if it does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.