Newbie Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOELBIKER

Premium Subscriber
Hi I'm a newbie to scanning and am having a problem getting our local trunked LTR system on my pro 106.
I am trying to get the local police and sheriffs freq. for Albion, Orleans County,NY. I have purchased the usb cable and the Arc 5000 program from Radio Shack. I have tried several ways of downloading the the system to the Arc Prog and then uploading to my scanner but it never works properly. I first downloaded the whole system of 140 talk groups and had it scanning but never got any hits. Then I read somewhere that there was a max of 32 talk groups per scanlist and then tried to download just some of the talk groups but the freq.dont come with them? Im lost....help please!

Highpockets

Hi I'm a newbie to scanning and am having a problem getting our local trunked LTR system on my pro 106.
I am trying to get the local police and sheriffs freq. for Albion, Orleans County,NY. I have purchased the usb cable and the Arc 5000 program from Radio Shack. I have tried several ways of downloading the the system to the Arc Prog and then uploading to my scanner but it never works properly. I first downloaded the whole system of 140 talk groups and had it scanning but never got any hits. Then I read somewhere that there was a max of 32 talk groups per scanlist and then tried to download just some of the talk groups but the freq.dont come with them? Im lost....help please!

When you import a system, you have to pick a site/sites (frequencies), and the 32 max is for the limit of frequencies you can import for one system, not the TG's.

Highpockets

Also, just noticed, on a LTR system, the freq's have to be in LCN order, if in the database they are listed as:

1. XXX.XXXX
2. N/A
3. XXX.XXXX
4. XXX.XXXX
5. N/A
6. N/A
7. N/A
8. XXX.XXXX

Make sure they are entered that way in the scanner. N/A meaning no freq in that channel number.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Orleans County is an LTR Multinet trunked system. Unfortunately, no scanner can track LTR Multinet, so you won't be able to listen to the system.

k2hz

Database Admin
If you enter all the Orleans County channels as conventional you can hear it. You just will not be able to track individual talk groups. The activity level is low enough that most police and fire activity can be heard as long as you don't mind also hearing the other users.

Status
Not open for further replies.