• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Newbie programming Vertex Standard EVX-534 for amateur radio DMR

zargnut

Hi,

I am new to Amateur Radio. I did search for an answer to what is likely a very obvious question, but could not find anything.

Programming my Vertex Standard EVX-534 radios for DMR repeaters.
On the repeaterbook.com website they are listing the freq, offset, color codes.. and a DMR ID.

Breckenridge, Baldy, Colorado, 445.0875, N0SZ Repeater (repeaterbook.com)

In my CE142 software, I don't see any place to enter a DMR ID. Is this an actual code for a talkgroup? Is this needed to leverage the repeaters?
I also don't see any dual capacity timeslot params for the repeaters. Are these repeaters generally not timeslotted?

thanks for any assistance you can offer.

thanks
dan

K4EET

Chaplain
Firstly, welcome to Amateur (Ham) Radio!

For your specific question, you should watch this hour-long video about the RMHAM DMR Network.

In that video, you will learn the “rules of the road” on this network. For example:

- One Talkgroup (T/G) maximum per Time Slot (TS)
- Rocky Mountain T/G is on TS1
- North T/G is on TS1
- Other TS1 T/Gs reference the video above
- South T/G is on TS2
- Regional T/Gs on TS2

As for the DMR ID of 310380, that is like your assigned DMR ID. Every radio on a DMR system has a DMR ID.

Note that the RMHAM DMR Network is autonomous. It does not have access to the BrandMeister, DMR MARC, TGIF, etc. networks.

Watching that hour-long video should answer all of your questions.

73, Dave K4EET

<edit> Here is their website:

K4EET

Chaplain
<snip>
I am new to Amateur Radio.
<snip>
I welcomed you to the Amateur (Ham) Radio hobby but I failed to notice earlier today when I first replied that this was your first post to Radio Reference.

So Dan, I extend a BIG

Welcome to Radio Reference!!!

Lots of knowledge and information here with the members and the references. So ask away and we will try to give you the right answer or steer you in the right direction.

73, K4EET

hill

Premium Subscriber
DMR ID is not required ir anyplace to enter it.

You just need the color code, slot and contact/talkgroup.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Repeaters have time slots. It's either 1 or 2 for the slot.

Remember DMR is TDMA and each radio synchronized with timing from the repeater to transmit 30 ms bursts, so the other other time slot can use the opposite 30 ms time slot.