BC125AT: Newbie Question "Banks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

onefatboy

How can you select banks; move from one bank to another? When in a bank I don't see a way to scroll to another i.e. no menu - read the manual, no help just states different banks etc. Appreciate any help!

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
I assume you are using an "older" scanner as most of the newer scanners don't use banks. In general a bank was usually a group of channels. Channels 1 to 20 was bank one and channels 21 to 40 was bank two and so on. There was usually a (number) key associated with a bank and you could turn on or off a bank by pressing the key associated with that bank of channels. The number of channels in a bank was unique to the type of scanner and the total number of channels available.
BB

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
BC125AT (the subject scanner) does use banks. They work the way you describe. Press the digit associated with the bank. Channels 1-50, bank 1; 51-100, bank 2; etc (50 per bank).

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
What brand and model of scanner are you using?

Some scanners have multiple functions assigned to the same button, and would do different things depending on which mode you were in.

Many of the Radio Shack scanners required you to be in "SCAN' mode b-4 you could change the banks that were activated.

My Pro 2006 requires you to be in "SCAN" mode, and then the number buttons would select and deselect the banks that were activated.

Sorry that this answer is so generic, but without knowing what specific scanner you are using, it's hard to answer your question directly.

Dan
AI8O

onefatboy

BC125AT (the subject scanner) does use banks. They work the way you describe. Press the digit associated with the bank. Channels 1-50, bank 1; 51-100, bank 2; etc (50 per bank).
What screen are you on when you:

"Press the digit associated with the bank. Channels 1-50, bank 1; 51-100, bank 2; etc (50 per bank)."

Right now I am scanning bank5 because I know I have a frequency there. So how do I go to say bank3?

TedRHayes

What screen are you on when you:

"Press the digit associated with the bank. Channels 1-50, bank 1; 51-100, bank 2; etc (50 per bank)."

Right now I am scanning bank5 because I know I have a frequency there. So how do I go to say bank3?

If you press the HOLD button the scanner will stop on a single channel. You can then scroll through (up or down) the channels using the top knob. You can also jump directly to any channel while in HOLD-mode by entering a channel # (e.g., 151) then pressing the HOLD button again; this will take you directly to the entered channel.

While in scan mode, the banks that are being scanned are displayed on the bottom row of the display. The current active bank will flash. You can enable/disable banks by pressing individual number keys (i.e., 1-9, and 0 for bank 10).

Hope that helps.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
To switch banks from scanning only bank 5 to only bank 3, while it is scanning, press 3 then press 5 (3 turns on bank 3, 5 turns off bank 5...they are toggles).

dmg1969

Your scanner has 500 channels...50 per bank (10 banks).

Bank 1 (1-50)
Bank 2 (51-100)
Bank 3 (101-150)
Bank 4 (151-200)
Bank 5 (201-250)
Bank 6 (251-300)
Bank 7 (301-350)
Bank 8 (351-400)
Bank 9 (401-450)
Bank 10 (451-500)

While scanning, you will see numbers (1-0) at the bottom of the screen. This shows you which banks are active. If a number is not showing, that bank is turned off. To turn it on again (while scanning), press the associated number key.

To go to a certain channel (say you want to go to bank 7). You press the HOLD button, then press the 3 button then the 0 button then the 1 button and then the HOLD button again. Since channel 301 is the first channel in bank 7, you will now be on channel 301 in bank 7.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
how can I change the bank to enter a frequency
if you press hold, then function, you can turn the knob on top to go between banks. when in the bank you want, press function again to go through the channels in that bank. when on the channel you want, you can then open the program menu to add a channel.

1. Press Function, Press E
2.Press E on enter frequency
3.Enter Frequency numbers
4.Press E
5.Press Clear
6.Turn the knob on top to the right one click
7.find the next channel you wish to program and and begin again until you have all the frequencies you want.

smislt

While it is possible to program via the keyboard, it is somewhat tedious. It is much better to program it with the easy-to-use programming BC125AT_SS software that you can download for free from Uniden's website. This YouTube video will walk you through the download & installation:

I tried to install a driver on my PC to use that software, but Windows 10 won't let me. I tried some suggested workarounds, but nothing worked. I have to do it by hand, sadly.

Last edited:

Scan125

Be careful which driver you install. You need the later Uniden Universal Driver which is a "signed" driver. This driver installs OK on Windows 8.1 and 10.

You can grab the driver from my website:

Scan125 Download

You can also get my free Scan125 Control Program should you wish to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.