Newbie question for Toronto Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

cipher33

Hey everyone, I am brand new to listening to scanner frequencies. Please accept my apologies in advance for being a dumb newb. I am kinda proud of myself though, I have a Uniden Bearcat BC346XT. The guy at the store told me I would never figure out how to manually program it without using the computer to help. In one night, last night, i have figured out how to program in any frequency, I have it all setup in categories. I am interested in getting all of the Toronto Police Service frequencies. I have looked at the page on this website, and so far have all the Intelligence, Surveillance channels programmed in in their own groups so they can scan and what not. My first question is this: It seems as though the frequencies listed for 14 Division A and B are not just that division, theres surrounding divisions broadcasts coming through, and its not just neighbouring Divisions, its all over the city. Does anyone have the separate frequencies for just each separate Division? The ones listed here on this page do not seem to be just for that specific division. Also, I am interested in this new Public Safety system, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get TGID's to broadcast once I have programmed them in. I am setting the type to "MOT" for a Motorola system? is that right? I am ensuring that Im inputing the DEC or HEX numbers, but the problem is, it does not show up in my master list once I input it.. only the ones programmed as Conventional show up... so i can input it, but I just cannot listen to it, it does not appear in any list.. Can someone pls help? thanks...

bpsmicro

I'm not in the Toronto area myself, but since nobody else has answered yet, I'll take a stab: get software (FreeScan would be a good choice), and see if somebody has a file they can send you. Or pay for a premium membership and FreeScan will interface directly with the database for you.
*Nobody* tries to put in trunked systems by hand, it's just too involved & time-consuming & error-prone.

Brad.

[Edit: I saw your new thread after posting this. It looks like you're on the way now]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.