Newbie Question- new radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbsilverton

This is all very new to me. I am totally lost so hopefully someone can help. I was given a Vertex VX-354 a few months ago and figured I would give it a try. I really like using it, but it's an older model so I decided to upgrade. I am currently using the vertex software to program it. I just bought a Baofeng UV-5R. I also bought the programming cable and have installed Chirp on my computer. When I save the settings on my Vertex to a csv file, Chirp won't open it because it isn't compatible with that radio. It took me a few months to figure out how to program it, so I really don't want to start from scratch, and I don't really even know what to do. When I look at the csv for the Vertex and the Baofeng, the two seem to speak a different language so I don't know where to put the information. Also, I live in a very remote area without any radio shops. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

DPD1

Are you trying to use these for transmitting on GMRS, or just monitor stuff?

You might have better luck posting in the GMRS category. I'm not familiar with either of those, but some of the guys into GMRS probably are.

Dbsilverton

Thank you for your reply. I will be transmitting too. If I can't get my question answered here first, I may try another category, but it seems that it is looked down upon to ask the same question in multiple forums or categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.