Newbie question re: PSR-700

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockblock

Hello,

I am new to this hobby, so pls be gentle....

I was looking into purchasing a scanner and, after doing a lot of research, the PSR-700 seemed to be the most appealing - price, design & capabilities (although it's only analog). Before I decide to throw in the 2 bills, I and have a few questions:

1. The GRE America website states that the PSR-700 comes with "2GB SD card with entire USA/Canada database pre-loaded". Most sellers state that the SD comes fully loaded with the US database, with no mention of the Canadian...can anyone pls confirm whether the SD contains both US/Canada DB?
2. If Canadian databases is not included, how can I get it loaded?
3. Is it possible to add/remove frequencies from the list?
4. Can I edit each channel and give it a different name so as to show myname, group & #?

Thx

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
1. The GRE America website states that the PSR-700 comes with "2GB SD card with entire USA/Canada database pre-loaded". Most sellers state that the SD comes fully loaded with the US database, with no mention of the Canadian...can anyone pls confirm whether the SD contains both US/Canada DB?

Well I can confirm the 800 comes with the full Canadian database and as it seems likely they are using the same chip I think you can be sure it does. After all making a separate chip would cost more money so I would imagine they all come from the same assembly line and get programmed the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.