Newbie Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1014

If I live in Long Island , NY ( Nassau County) how would I know what kind of antenna to buy? What does all those different frequencies ranges mean when you go to purchase them ?? So lost with this. Thanks

WDW1014

i have the uniden bct8, mostly all nassau pd , fire, coast guard ,and state police

WDW1014

thank you, just one more question what if i wanted to put a antenna on my car which kind would i get they all havr different frequencies im clueless here lol

W2NJS

Go to the top of the main page of this Board and clock on the section that says "Wiki," then search for antennas and you'll start learning all the things you need to know. You'll also see that the Wiki section has all kinds of other, useful information, much of it geared to the needs of new users.
Then you can go to the Databases section and look up all the radio frequencies in use in Nassau County.

What town are you in?

WDW1014

I'm in levittown about a block away from the 8th precinct. I'm deciding on a Larsen tri bander or the Antenex tri bander and it seems there both really the same. Any idea on which would be the better company / performance wise?

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Personally I have one of the MaxRads with the NMO mount and you can't beat it. I use a NMO/Magnet mount adaptor with it, and the reception on it is phenominal.

I'm not down on Long Island but the terrain in Rhode Island isn't much different, and we have UHF, VHF and a P25 statewide multi site trunked system here.

Status
Not open for further replies.