Newbie Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladydebster

Lady Debster
Thank you in advance for helping!

1. What are the morse code like beeps that my scanner sometimes picks up?

2. What program can I use to "record" my scanner so I can go back and see what happened when I get back to the house? I am using a Bcd996p2 and have the free scan software which helped me to program it to my area.

K2BUFF

Premium Subscriber
Not sure on the recording issue. However, the Morse code is Station identification via Morse code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majoco

Stirrer
I've used "Scanrec" as mentioned by Doc and it's very good. You can set it so that it only records when there is a signal so you don't waste hours listening to nothing! It's stereo too, so then you can record the output of two scanners. You can choose the quality of the recording - just recording voice doesn't eat up your computer files.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Here is your recording software:
Scanner Recorder Free Download

I used to use this to record fire calls while I was at work - or asleep.
In addition to ScanRec, mentioned by dialtone & majoco, you can also utilize your scanner programing software to facilitate recording. FreeSCAN, ProScan, and the Pro version of ARC-XT have a virtual control mode. Using that feature, you can tag the conventional channels and trunked system talkgroups that you want to record. Then, with the scanner being controlled by the software, it will record only the channels you specified. If using ScanRec, it will record all activity, on any talkgroup or conventional frequency.

Whichever method you use, you do have to connect your scanner to the PC with an audio cable, from the speaker output on the 996P2 to the Mic, or Line, input on your PC's sound card.

See this Wiki page for using FreeSCAN.

Also this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.