Newbie SOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghawkman56

All,
I expect hiccups as a newcomer to the hobby. Any help on the following would be appreciated. After a few frustrated attempts at using the ARC 500 software, I reinitialized the scanner to factory settings. Prior to this, when I hit scan, I had the traditional scanning parameters on the screen. Now, the system briefly remains in scan mode, then I get the message: Nothing Enabled. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I have enabled Scan List 01 using the program key and still have the error.

Thanks
Gary Hawkins

Last edited:

redhelmet13

Since you reinitialized the radio, there is nothing in the main memory. Reload your scanner program from ARC 500. If you still get NOTHING ENABLED, either the radio did not take the upload or the in the GLOBAL section, there are no scan lists enabled.

Ghawkman56

RedHelment,
Any more ideas? I realoaded and have enabled Scan List. I still have NOTHING ENABLED With the enabled scan list flashing and a pri code at the end.

eyes00only

Do you have at least one talkgroup or a wildcard entered into the same
scan list, and be sure you have the proper scan list checked to open when you power up.

JK

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
RedHelment,
Any more ideas? I realoaded and have enabled Scan List. I still have NOTHING ENABLED With the enabled scan list flashing and a pri code at the end.
During RR import to ARC the user is required to set scanlist in Scanlist tab. It's not automatically set.

Status
Not open for further replies.