Newbie to SDRtrunk looking for help identifying which decoder to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRatio

Premium Subscriber
So after some google searches I was able to get onto the local Emergency P25 Phase 1 systems pretty easily by going into source adding multiple frequencies then putting the control and aux control frequencies in then setting the Decoder for P25 Phase 1 Simulcast (LSM).

So next I wanted to try getting the power company frequency their information is here:

I've added the frequencies in just as I did for the P25 system. Now I'm trying to figure out what decoder to use. I see it says System: Motorola Type II, but I'm not sure what decoder is good for that system.

Anyone know what I should do next?

Using single RTL-SDR.com dongle

boatbod

For monitoring Smartzone you'll need either TrunkRecorder or OP25 on Linux. If you are running Windows I think Unitrunker is the one to use.

rlmurray56

Feed Provider
These types only (from DSheirer/sdrtrunk)

• AM - AM demodulator
  • LTR-Standard - FM demodulator and Logic Trunked Radio (LTR) trunked radio signaling decoder
  • LTR-Net - FM demodulator and LTR-Net trunked radio signaling decoder
  • MPT-1327 - FM demodulator and MPT-1327 trunked radio signaling decoder and automatic trunked channel following.
  • NBFM - narrow-band FM demodulator.
  • Passport - FM demodulator and Passport trunked radio signaling decoder.
  • P-25 Phase 1 C4FM - FM demodulator with P25 message decoder and automatic trunked channel following.
  • P-25 Phase 1 LSM - Quadrature demodulator with P25 message decoder and automatic trunked channel following.
  • P-25 Phase 2 - Phase 2 traffic channels

Status
Not open for further replies.